Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best possible factory stereo speaker upgrade

AzNightmare

The rear speaker wires are located in the b-pillars. You wont need to do anything with the front speaker wires. It's a total of 4 wires you'll have to splice into. The rear seat is removed because you have to run wires underneath of it to get to the fuse box and the passenger side b-pillar. The unit itself comes with the wires to tap into the speakers, as well as one for power, remote and ground. I don't think the remote wire was long enough to reach to the fuse box behind the glove box though so I had to splice an extra remote wire I had laying around into it. I can send you a quick video tomorrow after work.
Thanks for your help! Did you put the subwoofer under the driver or passenger seat? cause I plan to put it under my driver seat, but I'm trying to visualize how to get the wires from under the driver seat across to the fuse box.

Try these for the door speakers, I installed all four they sound cleaner than the OEM, Infinity PR6502IS. If you want an easy subwoofer to install check out the pioneer gm-d8601 or any amp that has hi level turn on capabilities. Which means you don't have to cut open the OEM head unit or tear apart the dash. Then just find any sub or subs to handle the up to 800 watts RMS @ 1 ohm. Anyone wants more info let me know.

Last edited:

AzNightmare

I initially opened up the door sill panel but l but saw way too many wires in there.
So instead, I pulled out the head unit and spliced the wires with the front speakers. The wire colors were less confusing for me in there (since they seemed to be in consistency with the guide I was following) so I was able to ensure which wires were for what. And I hid all the cables in the center console for a clean finish.

Question for those who know. Is there room under the rear seats to hide and Amp and DSP? I would dearly love to improve the sound in my FIST but cannot give up the rear storage area. Because I need that to provide somewhat secure storage when I am schlepping around some cameras and the like.

Second question is a simple one. Does anyone make a 5 or 7 band Parametric Equalizer anymore. Note, Graphic and Parametric are two different animals so I do NOT want to hear anything about Graphic equalizers. One of the major faults I've found in the sound system in my FIST is that it is plumb full of peaks and valleys in the overall system response.