Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GT 350 Shift Knob

Hey guys though I'd make a DIY post. I happened to get a knob off a crashed GT350 for 30 so I though I'd take it on myself to do the mod.
You will need a few things: Tap $5.49 and Nut for $1.79
The nut you can look around but the tap was the cheapest I could find local and online.

Forgot to take photos of next part.
1 - Look inside the shift knob, there is a small phillips screw that holds the shift pattern plate, just remove that to be safe.
2 - With a drill just tap out the shift knob, I just held it in one hand and tapped it, make sure you get some WD40 and spray inside to lube the tap going in and go slow.

3 - Clean up the shift knob and screw the shift pattern plate back on.
4 - This part takes some time. Put the nut on the shifter column and make sure that you can pull the reverse lockout. I had to adjust the nut several times to line up the shift knob correctly, I didn't use locktite or anything and it stays in place as long as you have it tight on the nut.

5 - Done.