Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DIY Super Ghetto Intake mod

I got bored I want to get the mountune 2016+ intake upgrade but for $300 I just can't do it. So I went to home depot and got ghetto on my car for less than $5 for me, total cost if you bought everything I did would be less than $25. For the AutoGoop you could use some PVC glue or something else. I've had it on for 3 weeks now and it's held up fine, "performance" wise it's louder. When I get my intercooler , depo or whoosh, and I have to take off the front I'm going to do the same for the top side.
Materials needed:
Flex spout $3.73
Goop I had in my garage
Fencing, had in garage for critters

1 - Remove intake, several threads on how to do this didn't do pictures.
2 - Check the size of the spout, one side is a rectangle the other is round. I put the rectangle inside the intake housing.

2 - Cut lower section of intake house, btw why the hell is this so long?

3 - Optional - I cut some of the wire fencing and put it on both side so I don't get mice or something crawling side, I used the auto goop to keep it in place.

4 - Placed the spout inside the intake housing, used more fencing to close up holes and goop to hold it in place.

5 - Optional but recommended- Go drink some beer and play some Overwatch, got to get those loot boxes, while the goop dries.
6 - Put everything back, be careful putting the spout in so that it stays in place while hitting pipes and stuff. With the flex spout I had the option to run it in front or behind the pipe I found that in from is a better option because it fits more snug and that helps keep it in place.

I did similar but cut through the lower side rather than bottom so I could cut a proper hole for it. Has lowered the stationary intake temperatures by about 18 degrees.

I did a similar thing as well. I cut off the bottom portion, then used some spare carbon scraps I had laying around to laminate a 2.5" outlet on to the bottom. After the epoxy cured, I wrapped the whole thing in gold foil, routed a 2.5" hose to the same location as the Mountune setup, and all done.

Attachments

I did similar but cut through the lower side rather than bottom so I could cut a proper hole for it. Has lowered the stationary intake temperatures by about 18 degrees.
Could you show a picture of where abouts? Was looking to do the same thing. Also, any change in intake noises?