Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2018 Fiesta ST review by Motor Trend

It doesn't say ST. Perhaps they changed it. Either way, it's definitely not a review of the new ST. Still a worthwhile read though.

Edit: And that is the 1.0L engine in the photos.

OP
santaflea
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for pointing that out. Slick marketing by Ford? It looks like they are offering an "ST Line Euro Spec" ...not sure what that means exactly. It's in the last series of photos in the article.

Thanks for pointing that out. Slick marketing by Ford? It looks like they are offering an "ST Line Euro Spec" ...not sure what that means exactly. It's in the last series of photos in the article.
Yeah, it's basically a car that looks like and (supposedly) handles like the ST but is not an ST (i.e. same engine/power as the regular Fiesta).

LOL, look at this horror show: https://www.ford.co.uk/cars/fiesta/models-specs/st-line-black-edition [rofl]

I read an article last night from The Truth About Cars (or something like that), also speculating whether we will see this generation of the Fiesta over here. If we do get it, I dont think it will have all the safety tech, cuz I think it will be priced to high for people here in the USA to consider buying a subcompact. I could be wrong of course.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Cool looking car, but I won't be replacing my MK7 with it, I like my car too much. The MK8 is neat, but it's just missing something. None the less, I'd still like to see it come to US shores.

Cool looking car, but I won't be replacing my MK7 with it, I like my car too much. The MK8 is neat, but it's just missing something. None the less, I'd still like to see it come to US shores.
To me it's the sharp, angular shape of our cars. Our cars are from a really good era of Ford design. These days they've softened the curves so much, the new models all look like the previous gen melted a bit. I want that interior though mmmmm

Not sure how I feel about the exterior styling but good lord the interior looks so nice compared to our cars. Hopefully ford stops beating around the bush and tell us soon if the next fiesta is coming stateside.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I agree with everyone kvelling over the next gen's interior, but, the lack of a 3 door option, and ultimately (and I'm one of the [/I]very few[/I] on here who think this) not having ALL wheels driven (or at the very least a factory installed limited slip option), bother me A LOT MORE about our current models than the interior ever possibly could. [wink]

Last edited:

HBEcoBeaST

The updated interior is an improvement.
I'm sure it handles better and hopefully the new ST will still have some grunt like our motors. I'm interested particularly how it behaves in the lower RPMs. Driver tech is nice for those that want it but for a Fiesta I think driving modes are a bit overkill for anything except traction control.

Unfortunately... it looks hideous. If the MK7 looks like an angry frog/Sonic the hedgehog, this looks like a streamlined guppy. I'm pretty sure this 'ST line' essentially has the same body kit, wheels, stance as the actual ST? Are these the rims everyone was going crazy for?

I know looks are subjective, but this misses the mark for me. If I wanted a mundane looking 'hot hatch' I'd get a golf GTI.

I like the nicer interior. I doubt any version of the new Fiesta will be sold the U.S. the U.S. dealers just never warmed to Fiesta. It's profit margins and size we're too small. The powershift transaxle issues torpedoed the hope for volume sales.

If the variant of the ST line made it over in the states, I might have been driving a 1.0L instead of the ST. In stop and go city, I rarely get to open up and appreciate her true capabilities. Also I would get double the mileage. The 1.0l gets high 30s-40MPG in the city. I'm averaging 20MPG (still under 3k miles though). :/

I like the idea of a 1.5L 3-cylinder engine. The exhaust note with an aftermarket system will be awesome! I will buy the new Fiesta ST if it ever comes to the states, but only if I can afford keep my current Fiesta too.