Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Typical dealer tactics?

DangerMouse

When I bought mine, they didn't have the color combo I wanted in stock. They picked it up from another dealer about 40 miles away and drove it back.

I negotiated the price and put a deposit down. When the car came in a few days later, I went back to check it out, did a test drive and then signed all the paperwork.

Don't feel obligated to buy a car from anyone. If it doesn't feel right, walk away.

I made the mistake of buying a forester xt after a horrible dealer experience. I was actually in fear of being physically assaulted by the manager. He was roided out and screaming at me pounding his fists on the table like a lunatic. My wife was pregnant at the time and got very upset and we left. Stupid me actually went back and bought the car, but it was the only one around I could find at the time and it was still almost a 2 hour drive away.

All of this seems like a guy trying to hit a quota. I can't see a reason he would try to dealer trade for one in the first place and risk all of what could happen to the car. After working at a Ford dealership I can tell you that is probably the only motivation. If the salesperson had properly checked the vehicle locator, you can see what cars are ordered for every dealership within 300 miles. He would have known that there was one out there and that a dealer trade option was an option on the table. Now he is scrambling trying to get over that pay bump he is about to miss by one car and figures its worth the risk of paint damage in transport, spills in interior, etc.

At the end of the day if you are not comfortable, then walk away. It is not worth the hassle. I always just treated people how I would want to be treated in a dealership, it isn't really that hard.

I had a great experience at Sands Ford of Red Hill. Sales guy was Steve. They had what I wanted in stock and gave me a fair price for my car. Didn't even feel the need to try and negotiate down.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I had a great experience at Sands Ford of Red Hill. Sales guy was Steve. They had what I wanted in stock and gave me a fair price for my car. Didn't even feel the need to try and negotiate down.
I wish I had known about them BEFORE dealing with Fred Beans in Doylestown.

Did you even try/consider Beans in Boyertown/Bechtelsville?
Probably wise that you did not, even though they are an SVT/Ford Performance shop, as they are probably just as bad as the rest of his chains/'empire'. [:(]

OP
D
Thread Starter #25
Well, it's Monday afternoon and I still haven't heard from the dealer. However, I did received an email from the manager thanking my business and to enjoy my new vehicle. Their website inventory has changed that the car I want is gone.

I wish I had known about them BEFORE dealing with Fred Beans in Doylestown.

Did you even try/consider Beans in Boyertown/Bechtelsville?
Probably wise that you did not, even though they are an SVT/Ford Performance shop, as they are probably just as bad as the rest of his chains/'empire'. [:(]
My lady bought her new Fiesta at the Boyertown location because it was the last place that had a leftover 16 with the options she wanted. We had a good experience there. Hell, Beans Chevy in Limerock was so bad that I used to take my Z06 to the Ford in Boyertown LOL.

Well, it's Monday afternoon and I still haven't heard from the dealer. However, I did received an email from the manager thanking my business and to enjoy my new vehicle. Their website inventory has changed that the car I want is gone.
Sorry to hear. Call Sands Ford and ask for Steve. He will take care of you and be straight with you the whole time.

This is literally the one I bought except mine is a 16: http://www.sandsfordofredhill.com/n...a0a0e0ae83e103148c1908dc2.htm?searchDepth=3:3

OP
D
Thread Starter #27
Car is on my driveway. After all the doubts, it turn out to be ok. Checked everything, In and out the dealership in a little over an hour and home by dinner.

Good to hear. Did they stick by their original agreement with price and 0%? Or did rebates go up?

OP
D
Thread Starter #29
Good to hear. Did they stick by their original agreement with price and 0%? Or did rebates go up?
Same price. Paper work was dated on the 30th.
Today I got a chance to put it on a lift and boy I was dumbfounded. The turbo pipe was completely disconnected. Blowby was everywhere. My buddies were laughing the shit out.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Same price. Paper work was dated on the 30th.
Today I got a chance to put it on a lift and boy I was dumbfounded. The turbo pipe was completely disconnected. Blowby was everywhere. My buddies were laughing the shit out.
Glad to hear you are finally in one, ^^^but so much for 'dealer prep/inspection' prior to delivery (but they are a Fred Beans dealership, so I am not at all surprised). [mad]