Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bonnet lifters

fands

Are there are kits for the fiesta ST to fit hydraulic rods to lift and hold the bonnet rather than the metal prop Ford use?

Very happy with the ST but having come from a Golf GTi it seems a little penny pinching to not have them fitted.
Anyone replaced them>

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
There is a kit on the uk stores for it. Looked at them a while back. Can't remember where though. It was a single side setup though

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Are there are kits for the fiesta ST to fit hydraulic rods to lift and hold the bonnet rather than the metal prop Ford use?

Very happy with the ST but having come from a Golf GTi it seems a little penny pinching to not have them fitted.
Anyone replaced them>
The only downside is that the cylinders on those things tend to lose strength after a while and need to be replaced. I've had to replace them on the trunk and engine cover on my other car, at around $80 each time. For that reason I like the simplicity of the prop rod.