Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Removing Center Cap

Can the stock center caps (Blue Ford Emblem) be popped without removing the wheels and having to get at them from behind?
Don't want to damage the stock caps (or rims), but want to avoid removing the wheels if at all possible.
Very close to ordering these, which are actual caps and not an overlay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SET-OF-...-CAPS-EMBLEM-COVER-CP9C-1A096-AA/152396530432

Thanks, Tom

Flaco

2000 Post Club
You can remove the center caps with a small thin blade screwdriver. Put some masking tape on the wheel/screwdriver and put the screw driver between the cap and wheel and gently pry with even pressure, they will pop out. It didn't take to much force either, and no damage to the caps or wheels. I have the same caps.

OP
TomCat
Thread Starter #7
Thanks Flaco and Canadian Guy for the suggestions.
Glad to hear that they pop out fairly easy

OP
TomCat
Thread Starter #9
Well, I got the caps off but maimed them in the process. No biggie as I can't foresee re-using them anyway.
For future reference, the caps are a a plastic fitting with an aluminum overlay. When prying, the overlay separated from the fitting (at least for me) and got bent to hell removing it. The plastic caps were still attached to the wheel but popped out easily by inserting a small screwdriver into one of the three holes and prying.
Here is a crappy cell phone pic of the carnage: