Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What Percentage Tint Do You Have? Example Pics?

Hi Everyone,

I currently don't own a FiST, but I'm seriously considering it for my first new car purchase (Performance Blue, All options minus sunroof). Meanwhile, I've been doing some research on all the things I would like to have on this car (if I am able to get it) and tinting the windows is a must since the summers here in Texas are brutal! It also looks cool too haha.

Since I am new to the whole tinting process, I'm not sure what percentage to consider. I believe the most tint that is legally allowed here is 35% (correct me if I'm wrong), but I have no idea how dark that is and really have nothing to compare it too.

If you guys could show me your rides with a description of the % tint (front, sides, back) I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
30% Tint on the sides and 20% in the rear.

CanadianST

There's no tint allowed on the front or driver/passenger door where I'm from so I'll just be doing the rears with something in the middle. Might really lightly tint the front doors and see if I can get away with it lol

In Texas, tint laws specify that you can't have any more than 25% on the front two windows. The back windows can be whatever you feel like. I usually go 25% all around, never was a fan of having ridiculously dark windows in the back, cause you can't see anything behind you.

https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/vi/consumerinfo/windowTint.htm

I haven't had the Fiesta tinted yet, but this is what my last car looked like at 25% all around.

OP
N
Thread Starter #7
In Texas, tint laws specify that you can't have any more than 25% on the front two windows. The back windows can be whatever you feel like. I usually go 25% all around, never was a fan of having ridiculously dark windows in the back, cause you can't see anything behind you.

https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/vi/consumerinfo/windowTint.htm

I haven't had the Fiesta tinted yet, but this is what my last car looked like at 25% all around.

25% All around looks great! Thanks for the pics. If you mind me asking, about how much did that cost to get done?

20% all around, 35% is legal limit here (Nevada) but I've never been hassled in either the Fist or the Taco.

DSCF7559.jpg [