Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OEM Brake Pads

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
These come up in the "performance" pads so I guess the 17 has expensive pads cause even Tusca parts run $90 plus tax plus shipping

AY1Z-2001-E

I ended up going with the AY1Z-2001-D. these looked a bit different than my factory pads, but they stop just like it used i

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I think I'm going to go with the E. I need to buy them soon cause I'll be due likely by next rotation (25k)

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
Did my front brakes with the E part number and I'm here to let you guys know they are not the same as my OE pads. They are not as grabby by far

After taking off my old pads and looking at the backing the part numbers are different and searching online for the part number only yields European sites. And nothing OEM

Parts that came off my California car are AY11-2K021-CA

DEss

I ended up going with the AY1Z-2001-D. these looked a bit different than my factory pads, but they stop just like it used i
Was there a part number stamped on your factory pads?

Thanks,
DEss

baboyizm

Did anyone with the BRF1444 rear pads notice outside/inside markings? I installed some new rear pads and rear rotors today and did not see anything indicating outside/inside, except for the part number. I looked at all 4 pads and they looked identical. My old rear pads did not have anything labeled except for the part number stamped on.

Am I reading this right?

Hey guys, bringing this thread back to life because I just got the most unbelievable quote from my dealership today for front and rear pads for my 2016 FiST. Where on earth did they get this number from?

https://imgur.com/oMaaqoU

240 DOLLARS. Are you kidding me? What happened to paying around 100 bucks for pads? I verified with the parts department that it was just for pads and nothing else, so what am I missing?

If this is the case im going with the Hawk HPS 5.0 pads. I hear from my autocross buddies that theyre pretty good for both the road and track with minimal noise. Anyone have opinions on em'?

Thanks

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Hey guys, bringing this thread back to life because I just got the most unbelievable quote from my dealership today for front and rear pads for my 2016 FiST. Where on earth did they get this number from?

240 DOLLARS. Are you kidding me? What happened to paying around 100 bucks for pads? I verified with the parts department that it was just for pads and nothing else, so what am I missing?

If this is the case im going with the Hawk HPS 5.0 pads. I hear from my autocross buddies that theyre pretty good for both the road and track with minimal noise. Anyone have opinions on em'?

Thanks
PMā€™d

slopoke

Looking at OEM Ford Parts dot com. The P/N they call out is C1BZ-2200-A for a 2017 Ford Fiesta ST. Their price is $51.96 plus shipping. Their price shipped to me is $68.00, I used 94551 as shipping Zip code

Tasca Parts dot com has them for $46.38 plus shipping. Their price shipped to me is $59.00, 94551 Zip code.

Ebay has them for $51.78 shipped.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-ford-fiesta-rear-disc-caliper-brake-pad-c1bz2200a

https://www.oemfordpart.com/oem-par...maWVzdGEmeT0yMDE3JnQ9c3QmZT0xLTZsLWw0LWdhcw==

Thanks
Did you read the rest of the thread? OEM pads are available for a total of less than $100 delivered.

Did you read the rest of the thread? OEM pads are available for a total of less than $100 delivered.
Yes, which was why I was so surprised to get a quote for 240 dollars.
I read into it a little more and found that they quoted me for the pads that come straight from the factory, and not the OEM replacements [confuse](which I did find for under 100 bucks). Somehow they are different from each other, but I don't care enough to look into why that is the case.

Decided to pick up some Hawk HPS 5.0 pads and Centric cryo-treated rotors. Both have been given good praise, so why not try something new?

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I read into it a little more and found that they quoted me for the pads that come straight from the factory, and not the OEM replacements [confuse](which I did find for under 100 bucks). Somehow they are different from each other, but I don't care enough to look into why that is the case.

Decided to pick up some Hawk HPS 5.0 pads and Centric cryo-treated rotors. Both have been given good praise, so why not try something new?
I wasn't aware the factory ships replacement parts, so I am not sure about the factory direct pads versus the Motorcraft pads. Something seems funny about your quote. Do you have part numbers on the quote that you can post?

me32

1000 Post Club

Let us know how they work out for you

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
All I have is the picture I linked to my first post. The part numbers seem to be similar compared to RockAuto.
I missed the link to the picture at first. Those aren't factory supplied pads, but the Ford Motorcraft replacement pads. They are made to the first fit standards, but sold through the aftermarket channel as replacement parts.

I have been running the Hawk 5.0 pads for almost a year now and I am really happy with them. You picked a great brake pad for your ST.

slopoke

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Looking at the part numbers for the front, the -D is the standard pad (whatever that means) and the -E is the performance pad. Your dealer is quoting you full MSRP for your pads with no discount.

Item 13 at the very bottom of the page, upper is for NON ST

https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-par...6l-l4-gas-engine/brakes-cat/front-brakes-scat
I believe the -D is the low dust pad that came with the all season tire option. It isn't nearly as aggressive of a pad. The -E is the default factory pad with summer tires. I don't know how things changed over the model years. 2014's only had the performance pads. 2015's also had the performance pad, but late year had the low dust pad with the all season tires. After that, I stopped paying attention.

I ordered BRF1494, AY1Z-2001-D pads fromRockAuto like TrickSTer did but what I received was AY11-2K021-CA which is what HardBoiledEgg took off of his Fist. Now, my question is how do these compare to AY1Z-2001-D? HardBoiledEggs found that AY1Z-2001-E did not have the initial bite of the AY11-2K021-CA.
Should I keep the -CA pads? I want the high initial bite even if it is at the expense of high dust and wear.
Why is this so difficult?