Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OEM Brake Pads

Hi guys,

Which are the correct front OEM brake pads for a 2015 that came with the standard performance tires?

AY1Z-2001-E
AY1Z-2001-D

According to the Tasca website the “E” is the performance option, but I see most are ordering the “D” version on this thread. Also, someone posted the “E” did not perform as well as their original pads.

Thanks!

I can confirm that BRF-1444 and BRF-1494 are the same grippy pads that came on my 2016 with performance tires and they feel great!

So would you all suggest that on your 1st replacement of pads be the factory replacements OR is there a better aftermarket replacement pads? I will be running summer tires 3/4 of the year BUT come winter it gets pretty cold in middle Tennessee and usually snow's 2 - 3 times during the winter so I'm planning on getting a set of winter only all season to make it to work everyday. It gets below 30 degrese and I'll fave to change tires but don't want to be changing pads too. COOP

I recently switched to Hawk 5.0 pads (front only so far) because of what I've read about them.

I'll just say, in my experience, they're not quite as confidence inspiring as the stock pads. I may switch back to stock at some point if the muriatic acid ends up being a good way to keep my wheels clean of caked-on dust.

They took a long time to break in on my stock rotors, which was quite alarming initially. I did multiple break-in sessions before they felt right. Probably 3-4 brake ins in a local parking lot over the course of 2 weeks, along with the local and highway driving in-between.

Now, they feel good, but not great like the stock pads. Much less initial bite, which may be okay, though I'm worried it increases my braking distance. The overall grip seems comparable, but a little less grippy. I haven't done any insane braking to check the fade. Wish I could hop in a FiST with stock pads again and give it another go to compare now that I've tried these.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
On performance alone, I don't really think you can beat the stock pads. When you factor in cost, it really is a no-brainer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

green_henry

1000 Post Club
My Acura clearly needed replacement pads after my first track session. I was expecting a similar experience after tracking my FiST for the first time, but I was very impressed with the OEM pads. To-date, I haven't had anything to complain about (other than the dust, but that's understandable). The OEM pads are very good -- dirty, but good [coolsmile]

Get the D pads. I ordered mine last month and they are indeed the performance pads.

Forgive my stupidity but are these both rear and front brake pads? I keep searching the numbers provided but it doesn't say for the rear or front.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Forgive my stupidity but are these both rear and front brake pads? I keep searching the numbers provided but it doesn't say for the rear or front.
Those are just for front.

For reference, the base number for Ford front pads is "2001" or "2V001." Rear pads are "2200" or 2V200."

BRF-1444 Rear BRF 1494 Front. These pads simply cannot be beat for this price as mentioned by SirThomas88 above, most people find the stock pads to be the best. I hope this helps.

On performance alone, I don't really think you can beat the stock pads. When you factor in cost, it really is a no-brainer.

when you factor in how quickly the stock pads wear, the cost is comparable or substantially more if you pay someone to do it or factor in your time's worth.

I replaced my worn stock pads with new stock pads and regret it a little because 15k miles later I can already see that they've worn a lot and I'll need to replace them in another 10-15k miles.

Plus the dust. I thought I could deal with the dust for the performance, but now it's just getting annoying.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
when you factor in how quickly the stock pads wear, the cost is comparable or substantially more if you pay someone to do it or factor in your time's worth.

I replaced my worn stock pads with new stock pads and regret it a little because 15k miles later I can already see that they've worn a lot and I'll need to replace them in another 10-15k miles.

Plus the dust. I thought I could deal with the dust for the performance, but now it's just getting annoying.
I have a little over 10k on my FiST and thats with a trip to NY and back and a 8 hour track day and I still have well over half pad left. I think it depends on the driver to with how much you brake. The ones posted are the low dust versions or "Comfort" versions that mine came with. If you got summer tires it came with the high dust versions.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Those are just the front. This was at about 25k miles and the rears still look new. I think my fronts got chopped up by the traction control and torque vectoring.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club

I got 25k out of mine, including an autocross and a few track days. I think that's pretty good for $50. I do my own brakes and it takes me about 30 minutes including replacing the rotors. My time is very valuable but not that valuable. Lol

The aftermarket pads are about $200 for the ones I would consider using so that's not very comfortable to me.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I have a little over 10k on my FiST and thats with a trip to NY and back and a 8 hour track day and I still have well over half pad left. I think it depends on the driver to with how much you brake. The ones posted are the low dust versions or "Comfort" versions that mine came with. If you got summer tires it came with the high dust versions.
Which ones are you referring to? The ones I posted pictures of are the sport pads or the high dust.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Which ones are you referring to? The ones I posted pictures of are the sport pads or the high dust.

Mine came with the A/S tires so I ended up with the "Comfort" pads but are still great. Once they get ran through I'll get the performance pads.

C1BZ 2200-B for rear and AY1Z 2001-E for front are the comforts

Those are just the front. This was at about 25k miles and the rears still look new. I think my fronts got chopped up by the traction control and torque vectoring.

yeah it takes a me about the same, i guess it also depends how much you drive. if you don't put too many miles on the car the cost and excessive wear may be worth the performance since you're not replacing them as often.

I drive about 30k miles a year a lot of city driving so I'm doing brakes at least every year with stock pads. which can get end up costing more ($90 for f&r) vs EBC red stuff which will last twice as long at the minimum.