Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Riding shotgun in a Focus RS

Yes, my Mountune sprung Fiesta ST is stiffer than the RS, except for in Track Mode. My ST with FSWerks exhaust is also louder than the RS, but lacks the pops. I do like the pops.

Chad drove my Fiesta ST and agreed it is stiffer and louder than the RS. On the inside, the RS is very quiet compared to my ST. On the outside in Sport mode, the RS and ST are similar. In normal mode, the RS is much quieter on the outside than the ST. Normal mode actually sucks to be honest. Sport and above is much better.
the st and rs are both similar in the sense that first thing you do is turn off all the traction and nannies

OP
B

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #42
the st and rs are both similar in the sense that first thing you do is turn off all the traction and nannies
Unless it is winter and I am doing some hooning, I leave the nannies on. I shouldn't be doing anything on the street in which those should activate. On track and autocross, I use Sport mode. I have been faster in Sport mode than the other modes. On the RS, Chad ran the autocross in Track mode, but left the TC/ESC settings in the default for Track.

OP
B

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #45
I believe track mode disables traction control
I believe that is correct, but leaves some level of stability control. You can fully disable that using one of the buttons near the shifter. We didn't get into all the modes that the car has available.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
My ST with FSWerks exhaust is also louder than the RS, but lacks the pops. I do like the pops.
I noticed this as well, when I test drove the RS, but, I do have a (resonated) cp-e Nexus system on the FiST, and not sure which mode the RS was in at the time.

meFiSTo

Yes, my Mountune sprung Fiesta ST is stiffer than the RS, except for in Track Mode. My ST with FSWerks exhaust is also louder than the RS, but lacks the pops. I do like the pops.

Chad drove my Fiesta ST and agreed it is stiffer and louder than the RS. On the inside, the RS is very quiet compared to my ST. On the outside in Sport mode, the RS and ST are similar. In normal mode, the RS is much quieter on the outside than the ST. Normal mode actually sucks to be honest. Sport and above is much better.
The BC Racing setup on my FiST is also stiffer than the RS, although it's much better than it was before -- now that the TTR mounts are gone. Those were unbearable for around town.

The Fiesta ST MRX setup pops an order of magnitude more than the RS in sport mode. Low-speed, off-throttle, in-gear coasting in second = Pop

Being someone that prefers to be as inconspicuous as possible in my car, I find normal mode completely acceptable for my grocery getting and idling around town in the RS. It has plenty of response for any legally acceptable on-street activity you can do with a car -- and, of course, much more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #50
I heard from another ST owner with a MRX setup that it pops much more than the RS does. With my dad's collection of Saleens and Shelby, he tends to be highly visible. His Fusion Sport is the most normal car he has owned and that will soon be gone. Even his SVT Focus stands out, mostly because it looks brand new and most of those cars are in horrible shape these days.