Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Theoretical top speed when modified

I have a friend with a x6m (155 limited) and says there is no way a FiST can hit or exceed that speed. Juvenile question, absolutely. Figured someone here might be able to answer definitively. I assume with enough horsepower it might be possible. For instance with my x37 and mods should be around 280 whp give or take. We have enough gearing it's just drag I assume.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Depends on how much power you have to push through the air. I've gone 0-145mph in a 1/2 mile drag race, and I was just halfway into 5th gear at the end. In other words, given enough road, and power, of course you can hit 155mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Siestarider

My 2014 went 139.5 stock, 2 way average on a two mile strip in Mexico, calculated using AP log, gear ratios and wheel size. Definitely drag limited. I found a formula (forgotten where) that enables calculation of additional top end vs additional HP if you have a baseline. Fairly simple and a lot easier than going to Mexico.

OP
B
Thread Starter #4
That would be cool calculator. Like to see the top speed with 280 whp.

XuperXero

253km/h GPS verified with my current mods in signature.