Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sold: FS: Schroth quick fit harness w/ pads

Trader history for AlrightyThen (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used Schroth quick fit harness in like new condition. I used this for one HPDE day and a few days on the street. Includes harness & mounting hardware, pads, and box. If interested please PM Thanks! $220 shipped within continental US.

resize1.jpg

resize2.jpg

resize3.jpg

resize4.jpg

OP
AlrightyThen
Thread Starter #4
No I think these harnesses are really cool and quality, but they do not work well with the Recaro seats. It isn't that some other harness would work better, I think that no harness would work well with the Recaros. Reason being that the angle of the headrest is very aggressively tilted forward. This isn't an issue normally, but I found once I was wearing a helmet it created a problem. With the angle of the backrest to headrest you can't really cinch the harness down good and tight like you should be able too without having your neck be jammed in a weird position. It was especially bad for me because on track I like to sit really upright. Taking the headrest and "flipping" it backwards fixes this issue, but also allows your head to move backwards quite a bit which I didn't feel like was safe if I were to crash. So since I had to have the harness somewhat loose I figured I might as well use the factory 3 point and not worry about it.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Headrest attachments seem somewhat standard. Could a headrest from another type of car with less angle work?

OP
AlrightyThen
Thread Starter #6
Not sure, but yeah a more vertical headrest would have solved my problem. So really my complaint is with the seat, I think if you're looking for a harness this quick trick system is pretty cool. Been looking at racing seats... alas maybe one day lol.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
No I think these harnesses are really cool and quality, but they do not work well with the Recaro seats. It isn't that some other harness would work better, I think that no harness would work well with the Recaros. Reason being that the angle of the headrest is very aggressively tilted forward. This isn't an issue normally, but I found once I was wearing a helmet it created a problem. With the angle of the backrest to headrest you can't really cinch the harness down good and tight like you should be able too without having your neck be jammed in a weird position. It was especially bad for me because on track I like to sit really upright. Taking the headrest and "flipping" it backwards fixes this issue, but also allows your head to move backwards quite a bit which I didn't feel like was safe if I were to crash. So since I had to have the harness somewhat loose I figured I might as well use the factory 3 point and not worry about it.
FYI Some people have taken the headrest off and rotated it 180 degrees. Meaning the angle is pointed backwards. There are a few threads on this. Specifically those that wore helmets.

OP
AlrightyThen
Thread Starter #8
Thanks yea I tried the flipping the head rest trick, wasn't for me. Anyway, harnesses still available, great condition, price includes shipping... PM me!

OP
AlrightyThen
Thread Starter #10
Harness sold to [MENTION=5255]KyleS[/MENTION]. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.