Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My forlorn, forgotten FIST

I have literally mothballed my car. In late May, my wife and I pulled the trigger on a major remodel of our condo. As our contractor was assessing our property and looking everything over, he strolled into our garage, and looked at my wife's Honda CRV and my Fiesta, pointed at my car and said "Whose is this?" Mine I said. "Get rid of it, we'll need this room to store your new flooring, tiles, kitchen, and for all of the saws and tools.

Since my wife doesn't drive a manual, and the CRV is the more practical vehicle to keep on hand for trips to the hardware store during the ensuing upheaval of our home, I needed a place to put my car. I have a motorcycle, so commuting is not a problem, and the construction guys left me a little room to park it in the garage. Summertime means I'm also travelling more for work, so there's less time to drive my car anyway. What is a problem is the fact that we're not allowed to park a car in the guest spots at our complex. Guest passes are few and far between, and those precious few I could obtain were needed for the various construction trucks that would be surrounding our house.

My car spent the entire month of June in the far corner of the parking lot at my office, and I literally forgot about it. My boss sent me on an errand to pick up some parts last week. Our shop truck was in for repairs, and I groused that I needed to get suited up to ride my motorcycle to get the parts. He looked confused, knowing that my car was out back, but that it seemed I forgot it was there.

I took it home over the weekend to detail it, and after sitting under a tree for a month, it looked very sad indeed. After cleaning it all up, and digging all of the leaves out of the cowl and out from around the hatch, I didn't have the heart to put it back outside. What to do...

I finally figured out where to put my car for the next few months until I can get my garage back. It will stay clean, safe, and won't hog up a needed spot in our office parking lot.

As long as nobody needs to borrow the company trailer....

Attachments

I bet that's a compensation benefit you didn't discuss when you went to work there!
Cool that you can do that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Gone in 60
Thread Starter #3
More of an ask forgiveness rather than permission situation...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
PERFECT solution! [thumb] (As long as no low life thief comes along and hauls the whole trailer away. Is the yard fully fenced-in/locked-up at night?)

OP
Gone in 60
Thread Starter #5
Yup, it's in a locked yard, and I'm probably jinxing myself by saying it, but that thing gets used maybe four times a year for trade shows, and otherwise has just sat there for the past two years. Of course, locks just keep the honest people out. We have another trailer that we use more often. I lost the keys to it, so I couldn't remove the Master padlock on the hitch latch, or the big yellow lock that covers the hole where the hitch attaches to a truck. A mid-sized bolt cutter from Lowes took care of both.

Zormecteon

Future "barn" find. ...
You may want to "Store" the car, as in disconnect the battery, drain fluids, etc... .. ? Good Luck.

OP
Gone in 60
Thread Starter #8
Oh man, if my remodel goes long enough to need actual storage procedures on my car... my car will be the least of my worries!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clint Beastwood General Automotive Discussions 29