Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

EBC front rotors 1676 or 1963?

HBEcoBeaST

I'm a bit confused many websites list the rk1676 10.2" rotor for the fiesta st. Is this right? Or do I need a 10.9" rotor? I can't seem to find the rk1963 anywhere.

I want to pair oem style rotors with ebc redstuff or yellowstuff without breakibg the bank.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I'm a bit confused many websites list the rk1676 10.2" rotor for the fiesta st. Is this right? Or do I need a 10.9" rotor? I can't seem to find the rk1963 anywhere.

I want to pair oem style rotors with ebc redstuff or yellowstuff without breakibg the bank.

you need the bigger rotor. Why not simply get the stock rotors? They handle well an aggressive pad. For more longevity go for teh Stop Tech slotted (does not need to be cryo). Rock auto has them for pretty cheap. I run EBC red stuff with the Stop Tech. Very happy (still dusty though)

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #3
you need the bigger rotor. Why not simply get the stock rotors? They handle well an aggressive pad. For more longevity go for teh Stop Tech slotted (does not need to be cryo). Rock auto has them for pretty cheap. I run EBC red stuff with the Stop Tech. Very happy (still dusty though)
Appreciate the input.

Price was enticing for the ebc ~$120 for 4 rotors while oem is ~$190 from third party, ~$260 from a Ford dealer. Slotted rotors aren't really my thing. They look nice but IME dust more and kill pads faster.

Too bad the online chat at autoanything help had me order the wrong front rotors (rk1676) otherwise i could have saved another 15-20% on the ebc with their july 4th order.

I think im going oem front and ebc back rotors to save a little cash.

How do you like the reds? The autoanything guy tried to steer me clear of the yellows saying they would eat rotors. But after he told me to buy the wrong part I'm not so sure on the advice.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
The reds are as aggressive as the stock without the initial slow speed jerk stop. There is still some dust not as much. I would check rock auto for cost.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #5
The reds are as aggressive as the stock without the initial slow speed jerk stop. There is still some dust not as much. I would check rock auto for cost.
Great thats exactly the feedback i needed. i will definitely check rockauto.