Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Misfiring showing on Accessport Stage 1

wingbit

Hey guys. I recently added a new Cobb V3 Accessport to my 16 Fiesta st with about 12k miles. The car only has a Cobb filter as of now but has more parts waiting to be put on. I ran a 93oct stage 1 tune as my first tune and got some misfiring showing on the logger unfortunately.

I tried reverting to the stock tune and still got a misfire. I then tried 91oct stage 1 and still got misfires. I was running 93 octane but I questioned the quality of the gas so I put in some higher quality 93 and still got the misfires. They happen at different times but it seems like the most consistent way to replicate it is on a downshift when I let off the clutch and it gets into gear it will often read a new misfire. I don't feel the engine miss from my seat but it is logging them. Not looking at the logger from where I sit the car seems to run smooth and stronger with the tune.
Just for reference, not long before the tune the car ran a 15.3 at 92 with a bit of a head wind. Perhaps slightly slower than some of the stock numbers I've seen but it felt like a healthy engine from what I could tell.

I've got Accessport manager installed and I've begun reviewing the logs. However I am new to this and a bit overwhelmed with all the data but I am very interested in learning more.
So long story short, I'd like some help getting started troubleshooting. I'm happy to post the logs and it would be great if anyone could tell me what parameters would be the most valuable for troubleshooting a misfire.

Thanks so much for the help, and let me know if you need any more information. I look forward to learning more!

OP
W

wingbit

Thread Starter #3
Found a helpful article on this issue.

http://stratifiedauto.com/blog/misfires-and-the-ecoboost-when-should-you-worry/

Gonna start by checking the plug gap but it looks like its not uncommon to have some misfiring on a healthy engine. It says it's something to worry about only if you can really feel it misfire and/or its throwing a code, but I'm still gonna look into it. Thanks for the help.

Last edited: