Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Purchase MP215 from Ford dealer or Mountune?

Many people, myself included, went with the Mountune option for the warranty protection, but be sure to read the fine print as the protection does have limitations. It's been a couple years since I bought the MP215, so I'm not sure if they updated their fine print, but from my last reading of the pamphlet, the warranty on the MP215 is only honored up to 3yrs/36k miles from the day your purchased the vehicle. So, if you bought the MP215 a year after you bought the car, you only have two more years and whatever miles left until 36k for the warranty to be preserved. Anything past that 3yr/36k miles is anyones call; they could potentially deny a powertrain warranty claim (5yrs/75k miles, I think) if they can prove it was the result of the tune or other related aftermarket part. That being said, I've known people who have had the MP215 for well over 3 years and they've reported no issues.

I think the MP215 is a good buy; so I recommend it.

Ford Community Posts