Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Molten Orange w/ Rota Recce in silver

OP
Mr. Pickles
Thread Starter #24
it has a decat, stage 4 rottweiler intake set up, o2 elim, ignadvancer, and PCV with a custom map. It's also has a 16tooth front sprocket. This bike will eat my Hayabusa, CBR1100 XX, ZX11, and ZX14's lunch from 40-120. No kidding. This is easily the quickest bike from those speeds I have ever ridden.

OP
Mr. Pickles
Thread Starter #25
Would love to get your thoughts on the Riken Raptors, especially compared to the OEM Bridgestones.

Also just overall impressions of moving to the 17x8" with that tire size - I'm thinking about doing the same thing.
I'd look for other tire choices. They are ok, and maybe it's the heat, increased sidewall, deeper tread due to being new, or any combination of the three. I'm not in love with the Raptors. Just beating on them on the street so far. The ride quality of the 215 is for real though.

Zissou

I'd look for other tire choices. They are ok, and maybe it's the heat, increased sidewall, deeper tread due to being new, or any combination of the three. I'm not in love with the Raptors. Just beating on them on the street so far. The ride quality of the 215 is for real though.
Thanks! That's all good to know.

Your KTM is super fresh

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Has KTM always made a hyperbike crotch rocket? [dunno]
(And YES, that one is INSANE!!)

Somehow, I was under the impression that they exclusively made MX, Supermoto, and Dakar style rides only.

Has KTM always made a hyperbike crotch rocket? [dunno]
(And YES, that one is INSANE!!)

Somehow, I was under the impression that they exclusively made MX, Supermoto, and Dakar style rides only.
They have had a supernaked and super sports for a while now, since the early 2000's I think. I would LOVE an rc8r..

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They have had a supernaked and super sports for a while now, since the early 2000's I think. I would LOVE an rc8r..

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
I would probably end up killing myself in VERY short order on that monster, just way too tempting to get totally out of control with that much terror at your wrist's turn!! [ohcrap]

Nice wheels!! How dark is the steel gray compared to the stock rado wheels? Any pictures to compare the two ?

OP
Mr. Pickles
Thread Starter #35
I'm not sold on them yet. They seem to squeal a bit. They stick...but I felt a lot more confidence in the Bridgestones. I am making an effort to let them wear in a little as tires with greater tread depth tend to squirm a little more than worn tires.
I've had the opportunity to push this tires a bit in a track setting. (well coned off auto cross track setting) The riken raptors are my limiting factor. The OE bridgestone tires were extremely responsive and held at hard cornering with moderate throttle inputs. The rikens are decent (not outstanding) at initial turn in and tend to lose a lot of grip with any side load + throttle application. They lose traction gradually, which is ok but they lose traction much sooner than the OE tires even at the increased section width.

If you are looking for a cheap tire to bomb around on the street with these would be OK as a choice, but even then, there are better tires out there. I think the reviews on tirerack are over complimentary. These are similar to the summitomo HTRZ II, which are similarly priced and not exactly the best tire either.

OP
Mr. Pickles
Thread Starter #36
Nice wheels!! How dark is the steel gray compared to the stock rado wheels? Any pictures to compare the two ?

These are a bit darker. like a glossy gunmetal. they look darker because there's a lot of shadow with the pockets.

Bga6, I posted pictures of these compared to the stock Rado wheels in my thread, Mashup, when you asked previously...