Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb RMM bottoming out

Based

I've had my Cobb RMM for probably like 10k miles so far and recently I've noticed a little more engine movement and even have had it bottom out on hard 1-2 shifts. Like it makes that hard clack noise the stock one did.

Is this common for the Cobb RMM? Maybe I should get a stiffer one?

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
I've heard of the Mountune RMM breaking before, and the Cobb is similar in design, so I wouldn't rule that out as a possibility. Could be loose, broke, or worn. I've watched your videos; you really put your car through the test. I wouldn't be surprised if you finally kicked your Cobb RMM's a$$ lol

I've had my Cobb RMM for probably like 10k miles so far and recently I've noticed a little more engine movement and even have had it bottom out on hard 1-2 shifts. Like it makes that hard clack noise the stock one did.

Is this common for the Cobb RMM? Maybe I should get a stiffer one?
I would get underneath your car and see if the mount looks worn from the original install. If so would explain the extra movement your seeing. Think Cobb some stiffer version of a rubber type material for their bushig versus mountune that uses polyurethane in their bushing. Even polyurethane won't that for ever, my mountune rear motor mount probably has about 50,000km and so far so good.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk