Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
5 Likes

Thread: Fiesta ST Rear Ended

New Member 6 Rep Points Xanergy's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    League City
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Got her back this weekend. Shop started threatening a lean and ford motor credit called afterwards saying if they went through with the lean, they would repo the car. I know I was in the right but I also wanted my car back and didn't want to go through months of legal paperwork.

They said they fixed it but now BoV is quite a bit quieter and does not go off as easy. I figured it was one of two things, either BoV was adjusted or I have boost leak somewhere. The other is the parking brake light still comes on randomly down the road. I see plenty of threads regarding a light for low pad health or brake fluid but both are checked. My other thought may be the crash jolted the tiny switch with the hand brake.

In other news, since I bought a Golf R after hating the rental cars, I find it difficult to go back to the stock seats in the FiST. Got mine without recaro's so when I take a turn, I have to press myself against the back of the seat or hold on for dear life.

Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Eerie
    State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heartbreaking.
    2017 Magnetic, everything but the Recaros. MP 215, mountune shift kit and shift knob, Husky floor liners. That's all I'm doing, I swear!.. OK, I lied. Also added an intake hose and symposer delete. But that really is all, I swear this time!

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Fort Wayne
    State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did you go mk7 and Autotragic (DSG) with the R?
    2017 Fiesta ST
    2016 CRF250L
    2014 Evolution GSR
    1991 Eclipse GS

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    League City
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PolloVagabundo View Post
    did you go mk7 and Autotragic (DSG) with the R?
    2017 Mk7 Manual. Yes the automatic is a really nice transmission but I could care less for 0-60 time. Prefer manually going through the gearbox. I do like the gearbox of the FiST way better but Golf R is a really nice daily. Proved itself a few times already when we get heavy rain here and that two days of patches of ice.

Still love the FiST though. Hard to get over just how fun the car is for the price.

Member 69 Rep Points

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Eastern Florida
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xanergy View Post
    Got her back this weekend. Shop started threatening a lean and ford motor credit called afterwards saying if they went through with the lean, they would repo the car. I know I was in the right but I also wanted my car back and didn't want to go through months of legal paperwork.

They said they fixed it but now BoV is quite a bit quieter and does not go off as easy. I figured it was one of two things, either BoV was adjusted or I have boost leak somewhere. The other is the parking brake light still comes on randomly down the road. I see plenty of threads regarding a light for low pad health or brake fluid but both are checked. My other thought may be the crash jolted the tiny switch with the hand brake.

In other news, since I bought a Golf R after hating the rental cars, I find it difficult to go back to the stock seats in the FiST. Got mine without recaro's so when I take a turn, I have to press myself against the back of the seat or hold on for dear life.
    I have the stock seats and I don't recal having to hold on for dear life when taking turns.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    League City
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FLORIDAST View Post
    I have the stock seats and I don't recal having to hold on for dear life when taking turns.
    I do it quite frequently here. Not noticeable if you are driving normal but this area has a lot of speed capable corners that I take advantage of.

Senior Member 285 Rep Points

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    South West Ohio
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you ride straight-back or is the seat lounged?
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST Kona Blue ; Engine, Suspension will remain untouched ; Southwest Ohio ; Winter: 215/45R17 Continental ; Seasonal: 205/40R17 Bridgestone

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    League City
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Intuit View Post
    Do you ride straight-back or is the seat lounged?
    Straight-back. Only way the visor does anything for me since I drive into the sun for daily commute.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Fort Wayne
    State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xanergy View Post
    2017 Mk7 Manual. Yes the automatic is a really nice transmission but I could care less for 0-60 time. Prefer manually going through the gearbox. I do like the gearbox of the FiST way better but Golf R is a really nice daily. Proved itself a few times already when we get heavy rain here and that two days of patches of ice.

Still love the FiST though. Hard to get over just how fun the car is for the price.
    Sorry to verge off the main topic, but I'm with you on going manual vs the DSG. :)

My friend went with the DSG because all he cares about is straight line speed. Currently getting his car ready in hopes to be the first VW/Golf R to run a 10 second stock turbo/stock engine 1/4 time.

It's going to be close.
    2017 Fiesta ST
    2016 CRF250L
    2014 Evolution GSR
    1991 Eclipse GS

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    League City
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Nice. I do like the luxuries of the Golf R. May think about doing a swap to get android auto on the FiST. Having waze up at all times is very helpful.

On another note, going to see if I can't get to the hand-brake this weekend to take a look at the switch. Want to drive it like crazy but worried that ebrake is slightly engaging.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast