Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Budget big brake setup.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #42
That's gonna look really good! What pads are you going to be running?

Update:

That's gonna look really good! What pads are you going to be running?
Thanks! Sorry for the late reply.... will be using Akebono pads. I think there is a pic in the thread somewhere?

Ok so anyway I haven't had a day off in pretty much a month so sorry for the slow progress );
Also ran into a snafu where trying to reinstall the dust boots back into the second caliper destroyed the boot and had to wait a week to get a replacement set from RockAuto(mostly my fault because I chose 2.99 shipping). Anyways the front calipers are really ready to go back on the car but I have had zero time for install; but...
Finally got couple of hours today and got the rear braided lines and because of vanity reasons got a matching set of Centric rear rotors with the rebuild kit.
IMG_3027.JPG IMG_3028.JPG

My kids are going back to school this week so the fronts will be done before next weekend!

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #44
Are those the stock size rears? Certainly looks very nice. Can't wait to see the front setup. I plan to spring for the bracket kit sometime early fall. (Trying to get the most out of stock brake setup, milage wise, thank goodness I don't stop too much. I'm thinking this bbk with boomba air deflectors will be perfect.

Are those the stock size rears? Certainly looks very nice. Can't wait to see the front setup. I plan to spring for the bracket kit sometime early fall. (Trying to get the most out of stock brake setup, milage wise, thank goodness I don't stop too much. I'm thinking this bbk with boomba air deflectors will be perfect.
Those are the SVT rears.
Yeah I'm pretty happy how the overall package looks too!
Yup I understand economizing; stand strong because once you start you can't stop lol!

IMG_3075.JPG
Here's the kit installed. Pro tip: if you are like me and put the fasteners from the dust shields back in because you have weird OCD and don't like open threaded holes....put the screws in from behind the hub not into the hub side! Trust me.
IMG_3076.JPG
Here's behind the wheels. You might be able to get them under some 16" wheels. Probably about 3/4-1/2" of clearance. I can't honestly recommend SICO as a company. Does not ship quickly or communicate when he does. Did not send directions and ultra delayed customer service. As a matter of fact the picture below is from [MENTION=8342]isimpoi[/MENTION] because I still haven't gotten directions from SICO. Once I have some miles on them I will repost as to the cost to value of the setup. The materials themselves are pretty stout but my first impressions would be "buy Brembo"
IMG_3078.JPG
So if you wanna upgrade and SICO doesn't send you the directions thank [MENTION=8342]isimpoi[/MENTION] for his pic! Only thing I did different was switch direction of the stud with the lock nut on it because the bolt thread end was less than a business card away from the rotor.

Any update on these?

Many thanks,

Dazzle
Yeah.... these are better than stock. How much better I can't really be very descriptive about threshold braking and 60-0ft distances. But they definitely stop the car better and I'm just running road pads. I do need to rebleed the calipers because I like a really stiff pedal which I currently don't have.
As far as tracking I don't have data either but they weigh more which some guys won't like; but they are a better heat sink which the fiesta might need.
Once again I can't really recommend SICO as a supplier but the kit is effective.
Also they look better especially combined with the rear SVT brake and the drilled/slotted rotors!

I know I’m a little late in the conversation, but did anyone ever find a good two piston system to use? I saw some guys mention using older mustang brakes, but the convenience of having a brakes made by SICO is leading me to use this as a guide and do Mondeo like Nightcrew13 did! My car will be a daily for a few years so I’m not going to throw track brakes on quite yet, but brakes are needing replaced soon and I’m looking to do somewhat of an upgrade still.