Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Budget big brake setup.

codestp202

Me either....getting impatient. Hurry up SICO!
What calipers did you end up going with? So the plan is to use Sico brackets, SVT Focus 300mm rotors, SVT Calipers?, and stainless steel braided lines up front.

We have a single piston caliper up front current, is the SVT a 2 piston or just a larger single piston which will give more clamping force + bigger rotors / pads? Whats your out the door cost so far?

codestp202

From what I can tell, yes this is a swap for the front brakes.

jayrod1980

Btw, the SVT Focus has single piston brakes at all four corners. Seems like a good upgrade still. Are the stop tech rotors bigger than the focus 11.8" stockers?

codestp202

Do we know if stock banjo bolts and stainless lines that fit the current calipers will fit the svt? If so that would really interest me.

What calipers did you end up going with? So the plan is to use Sico brackets, SVT Focus 300mm rotors, SVT Calipers?, and stainless steel braided lines up front.

We have a single piston caliper up front current, is the SVT a 2 piston or just a larger single piston which will give more clamping force + bigger rotors / pads? Whats your out the door cost so far?
Mondeo/Jaguar X-type calipers little more stout and what the kit was designed for. Seems the SVT calipers fit but are off the rotor a bit...
300mm SVT rotors
And SS braided lines at all four corners.
Single piston moves up in size to 57mm.
$200 for brackets and SS lines.
$200 for calipers.
$200 for pads and rotors.
And since I put the SVT rotors/brackets/pads on the rear...
$200 for the rear setup(that includes fluid and speed bleeders)
So for ~$800 you can upgrade all four corners(obviously I'm rounding but it's all liberally uprounded). The question is will it perform?

Is this for the front rotors?
From what I can tell, yes this is a swap for the front brakes.
Yep this is for the fronts, but I've already completed the rear previously.

Btw, the SVT Focus has single piston brakes at all four corners. Seems like a good upgrade still. Are the stop tech rotors bigger than the focus 11.8" stockers?
Nope still the 11.8/300mm size.

Do we know if stock banjo bolts and stainless lines that fit the current calipers will fit the svt? If so that would really interest me.
I'm not sure about the SVT calipers but ST180 hardware is different from the Mondeo calipers but SICO also sell SS lines for the Mondeo calipers. Soon as I get the lines and brackets I'll post the PNs for those as well.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Hmmm for $800 i may as well go Wilwoods

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #31
That's 800 total for all 4 corners though. Still a win in my book.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yea but the rears aren't really worth upgrading imo. The OP even said he didn't really feel a big performance difference with it. For that kind of ballpark, I think I would go Wildwood as well and just be prepared to clean them more often.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Hmmm for $800 i may as well go Wilwoods

Sent from my SM-G950U
Yeah it's a tough decision:
I guess we'll see how it plays out. I'm not a fan of the reviews for the wilwoods so that's really my only decision to stay away from them.
So if you take the Wilwoods out of the equation, your other choices are in the $2000+ range; at which point the pros and cons stack like this:
OEM - driveability and cost with lower overall maintenance.
BBK - looks and ultimate weight reduction plus stopping power.
The question becomes how do you use your car?!

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Ya I'm still following. I was thinking about reusing stock calipers on the SVTF rotors. Save some money there

IMG_2989.JPG IMG_2988.JPG
Well finally got the hardware from SICO; but of course since I got sick of waiting I took the calipers to the powdercoater....way to go Murphy! So another week and we should have a real update.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I'm still confused how that adapter bracket works

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
It either replaces the oem caliper carrier bracket or attaches to the OEM carrier. Either way, it's function is to properly align the caliper to the larger rotor.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Sekred

1000 Post Club
I'm still confused how that adapter bracket works

Well there are 6 bolts, 2 spacers and 3 holes in the bracket so to my way of thinking the Mondeo or SVT caliper must bolt to one of the OEM mounting points on the knuckle along with the bracket which bolts to both OEM mounting points on the knuckle and the other mounting point for the caliper bolts to the SiCo bracket together with the spacer. I may be wrong and shit I am not sure I have explained that right.

Well there are 6 bolts, 2 spacers and 3 holes in the bracket so to my way of thinking the Mondeo or SVT caliper must bolt to one of the OEM mounting points on the knuckle along with the bracket which bolts to both OEM mounting points on the knuckle and the other mounting point for the caliper bolts to the SiCo bracket together with the spacer. I may be wrong and shit I am not sure I have explained that right.
Nah that's pretty good!