Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Big Mouth install issue - bumper fitment

Trader history for Fistfan (0)

Hey guys. I just want to state off the bat, this is not a complaint against this product. Installation went smoothly and temps are happy! :)

But have any of you guys noticed that your bumper is raised slightly right where the snorkel is located? If I stand by my driver door and look down on the hood/bumper, you can see an area is raised up like there is an obstruction. Maybe I didn't trim the shroud enough? The one supplied bolt did line up perfectly and is snugged up nice.

Hey [MENTION=5808]Fistfan[/MENTION]. You have a revised design and wont need to mess with the cowl cover. All you need to do is keep the bumper screws loose and tighten them in a star pattern so you dont tweak one side of the bumper before the other. It also sounds like you may want to trim a little more of the radiator shroud a tad more. Hope this helps.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Hey [MENTION=5808]Fistfan[/MENTION]. You have a revised design and wont need to mess with the cowl cover. All you need to do is keep the bumper screws loose and tighten them in a star pattern so you dont tweak one side of the bumper before the other. It also sounds like you may want to trim a little more of the radiator shroud a tad more. Hope this helps.
Do you know if the one I'm getting is a revised design?

OP
F
Thread Starter #6
Hey! I tried removing the clips and reinstalling them in the manner you mentioned, and I still have the same bulge.

Zissou

I installed mine yesterday and have the same problem. My buddy and I fanagled it a ton and got it to sit more of less even, though there's a little gap between the bumper and headlights that wasn't there before. It looks cool but such a pain in the ass to install between trying to tighten that nut and 5mm allen bolt and the so-so fitment when the bumper goes back on.

OP
F
Thread Starter #9
Well Velossa tech was absolutely no help. I'm not sure why they asked me to email them if they just gave me some cockamamie response:

"Hi, did you make sure that there was no snagging on any of the bumper tabs? The big mouth doesnt actually touch the bumper so I am not sure what is causing the bulge. Try to locate where the pressure is being applied, I wouldnt be surprised if it was something snagging or a tab that wasnt aligned. Let me know."

Really Velossatech?!?

I am not sure what you want me to do to help you. This is the best advice i can give you from here, i am not standing in front of your car, i cant see exactly where the pressure is being applied. The big mouth doesnt/shouldnt touch your bumper anywhere. I am trying my best to help.

OP
F
Thread Starter #11
I am not sure what you want me to do to help you. This is the best advice i can give you from here, i am not standing in front of your car, i cant see exactly where the pressure is being applied. The big mouth doesnt/shouldnt touch your bumper anywhere. I am trying my best to help.
Was that you that wrote above to send pics and you can walk me through it? Cause you certainly did not walk me through anything. The other member that posted the video above was more help than you.

The snorkel is not contacting the bumper, it is pushing on the oem cowl that sits against the snorkel. And in turn, it is causing a bulge in the bumper. It seems like you have no idea about this issue.... but yet many have had it before me.

You know how to contact me when you would like to give actual advice on how to fix this.

I was trying to walk you through it bud, you didnt even reply to my email.

I asked you to "let me know" at the end of the email, meaning im looking for you to remain in contact with me so i can better assist you. We can find a solution for your particular situation if you want, i never got a reply to the email i sent you. I am trying to walk you through this.

If the video helped you thats great. I dont like to use that method though because it is more time consuming (trying to save you time, before resorting to that), there are other ways to solve the problem if you encounter it. It hasnt even been 24 hours since i replied to your one email, i cant snap my fingers and solve it remotely. You need to let me know if the advice i am giving you is helping or not. It sounds like the cowl is doing the touching, not the bumper. The cowl is the plastic peice that sits on top of the radiator, if you are sure it is that, touching, and nothing else, you could use the videos advice.

Last edited:
I am having the same issues with the Big Mouth on my '16 Fiesta. It was delivered by you last week. So I am assuming this is the revised version you're talking about. The shroud has been trimmed open enough for the snorkel to fit through without touching. It's definitely the top cowl piece making contact. You might want to revise this again because the fitment was too tight. I installed this along my larger intercooler so the entire bumper came off with the shroud. I will see if I can take a video to show the issue.

Last edited:
So many bitchy amateur enthusiasts on here that can't install basic parts and then whine that the manufacturer doesn't hold their hand on the install. Ffs the attitudes on here are incredible.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

brbauer2

I'll get a 16 in here and take a look at whats going on. Last we tested them they fit ok. This also gives me an excuse to use my new 3D scanner :)
I've got a '16 with a pre-revised version (pretty sure, have had it for months). The only fitment 'issue' I have is the panel gap between the hood and the bumper is a little larger, but not enough for the weather striping to leave an air gap.

Left is after, right is before.

The bumper is coming off soonish to install some Hella horns and some lights behind the grille. I'll try and get some pictures to see if/where there is contact that is causing issues.

Me? I'm chill. I'm not the one bitching out the manufacturer because I can't figure out how to install a basic part correctly. I think FistFan is the one that needs to chill the fuck out. It's not anyone else's fault that he's struggling to install a part that's about as basic as it gets. Protip: Aftermarket stuff never fits as good as OEM. Ever.

Installed on a 2016 a couple weeks ago, and have the same fitment issue as others in this thread. Using a heat gun helped, but didn't totally solve the problem. I got it to the point where it's not very noticeable unless you're specifically looking for it. (If you know what to look for, you can see the issue on most of the fiestas pictured on the velossatech website)

I installed this while I was upgrading my intercooler, and overall it was fairly easy with a dremel. Only difficult part was holding the nut for the bolt.