Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stealing

Can anyone please tell me how I can fix my alloy wheel centre caps to stop people stealing them please

OP
G
Thread Starter #6
Thats cool and please excuse my female ignorance with the next question but if it is really well stuck on what happens when I need to change the wheel ?

OP
G
Thread Starter #7
Like This Post Yes
Thats cool and please excuse my female ignorance with the next question but if it is really well stuck on what happens when I need to change the wheel ?

It shouldn't stick to the hub. It's only from the centre cap to wheel. There is a gap

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It shouldn't stick to the hub. It's only from the centre cap to wheel. There is a gap
I believe that she was asking about what happens when the center cap must then come off of the wheel (like for balancing after a tire change, etc.). [wink] [dunno]

I believe that she was asking about what happens when the center cap must then come off of the wheel (like for balancing after a tire change, etc.). [wink] [dunno]
Regardless of it being JB welded. hitting it from the back when the wheel is off the centre cap will come off

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Regardless of it being JB welded. hitting it from the back when the wheel is off the centre cap will come off
Yup. from the back with a large round cylinder a good whack will get them off unless you really scuffed the rim and added a lot of glue. [MENTION=4960]eglove[/MENTION] any plastic safe eoxy would do the trick. The hot glue should also work. My only worry is that you may not have the center cap stolen but you may get the rim and center cap damaged. Another option could be to get a simple vynil to go over the hole. Does not need a center cap as long as the vinyl is 5 mm larger than the hole. THat is what I did as I did not like my center caps.

19146149_1226615507465054_8070086010066664099_n.jpg