Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FIST in the wall.

codestp202

I'm very confused how this happened. Maybe this guy should stick to straight line drag races.

zanethan

I don't see how he did that either. It's like he forgot to turn... those aren't even sharp corners.

KKaWing

Cold tires? Mashing the throttle through the turn? I mean its been reported the car understeers in high speed corners...

I don't see how he did that either. It's like he forgot to turn... those aren't even sharp corners.
I looked at it slowed down and it seems like he did turn the wheel but maybe too late and it just understeers right into the wall. He also seems to be really high on the track where there is less rubber laid down and maybe less banking, so could have had less traction than expected. In any case, that's gonna be some expensive body work and paint.

Grudge matches... they used to do those at Saugus Speedway in CA before they tore it down. Sign a waiver and put your car on the track. They did a 4cyl, 6cyl and 8cyl classes, so you wouldn't have a FIST next to an old Lumina. Looks like the guy got distracted probably trying to figure out where the other car was and lost his concentration. Or, like a motorcycle rider in a turn, got "target fixation". Look at the wall, steer toward the wall, hit the wall.

Good luck on insurance, especially with video of your car hitting a wall on a race track. There was a story recently about a guy who hit the wall at a drag strip in a newer Mustang a few years back. He drug the car to a highway, then reported that he was on the highway, blew a tire, and hit the center divider of the road. His insurance paid out, then after some investigation, they found the track video of his car crashing. He got in a lot of trouble...

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Grudge matches... they used to do those at Saugus Speedway in CA before they tore it down. Sign a waiver and put your car on the track. They did a 4cyl, 6cyl and 8cyl classes, so you wouldn't have a FIST next to an old Lumina. Looks like the guy got distracted probably trying to figure out where the other car was and lost his concentration. Or, like a motorcycle rider in a turn, got "target fixation". Look at the wall, steer toward the wall, hit the wall.

Good luck on insurance, especially with video of your car hitting a wall on a race track. There was a story recently about a guy who hit the wall at a drag strip in a newer Mustang a few years back. He drug the car to a highway, then reported that he was on the highway, blew a tire, and hit the center divider of the road. His insurance paid out, then after some investigation, they found the track video of his car crashing. He got in a lot of trouble...
Might still be in prison. Insurance companies write the laws. Two to five years and a massive fine. Of course, going that length of time alone, without earning a penny (but still spending) is enough to put most people in the poor house. It's the same as armed robbery minus the massive fine so, he'd a been better off doing that instead LoL.