Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Florida man with a black fist

I'm from South Florida and I bought my ST new in November of last year. I frequent the FiestaST sub on Reddit and figured I should join the community here as well. I've taken two road trips up to the Smoky Mountains to drive the car like it should be and I'll be going back again in September after some new mods are installed! [}:)]

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Very nice looking FiST, welcome aboard.

I'm from South Florida and I bought my ST new in November of last year. I frequent the FiestaST sub on Reddit and figured I should join the community here as well. I've taken two road trips up to the Smoky Mountains to drive the car like it should be and I'll be going back again in September after some new mods are installed! [}:)]

Nice looking FIST! Do you belong to the Florida ST/RS group? I hope to go to the EcoBooST takeover at Tail of the Dragon Sept 22-24th. I have never been up there, so I look forward to driving other than boring Florida roads.

OP
floridaman
Thread Starter #9
Thanks!

Yo!

Vamos de fieSTa!

Ty sir.

Haha, you just had to use that name :p

As a former Florida man, welcome!
You bet. I was actually surprised it wasn't taken!

Thanks !!!!!

Nice looking FIST! Do you belong to the Florida ST/RS group? I hope to go to the EcoBooST takeover at Tail of the Dragon Sept 22-24th. I have never been up there, so I look forward to driving other than boring Florida roads.
I do not. Is that the Facebook one? I was looking for it the other day. I'm in my late 20's (will be 30 next year O_O) - whats the demographic like for those types of groups? I know the normal age range for this car is late teens to early 20's!

I'll be up there in the beginning of September. Taking advantage of the 3 day labor day weekend we get at work and adding a couple more to the trip (plus it's my 29th birthday weekend!). You're going to love it there and probably never want to come back. The first time me and my Dad brought our motorcycles up there we pretty much stopped riding them in Florida when we returned. It's just not the same once you experience REAL roads! The weather should be perfect when you go. Make sure to check out the Cherohala Skyway, The Moonshiner, and the many more other awesome roads they have up there. I usually plan two big loops that hit all the good roads that I drive over the course of 2 days. Usually between 6-8 hours each and over 300+ miles of driving each day. That's how much I love it! I'll be up there for 3.5 days this time so I'm thinking I'll take shorter loops and spend my evenings at the local craft breweries instead of coming straight back to the hotel and passing out from a long day of driving lol.

OP
floridaman
Thread Starter #10
Thanks!

Yo!

Vamos de fieSTa!

Ty sir.

Haha, you just had to use that name :p

As a former Florida man, welcome!
You bet. I was actually surprised it wasn't taken!

Thanks !!!!!

I do not. Is that the Facebook one? I was looking for it the other day. I'm in my late 20's (will be 30 next year O_O) - whats the demographic like for those types of groups? I know the normal age range for this car is late teens to early 20's!

I'll be up there in the beginning of September. Taking advantage of the 3 day labor day weekend we get at work and adding a couple more to the trip (plus it's my 29th birthday weekend!). You're going to love it there and probably never want to come back. The first time me and my Dad brought our motorcycles up there we pretty much stopped riding them in Florida when we returned. It's just not the same once you experience REAL roads!

The weather should be perfect when you go. Make sure to check out the Cherohala Skyway, The Moonshiner, and the many more other awesome roads they have up there. I usually plan two big loops that hit all the good roads that I drive over the course of 2 days. Usually between 6-8 hours each and over 300+ miles of driving each day. That's how much I love it! I'll be up there for 3.5 days this time so I'm thinking I'll take shorter loops and spend my evenings at the local craft breweries instead of coming straight back to the hotel and passing out from a long day of driving lol.

Yes. It's a Facebook group......I'd say most are in there 20's but older too. Next ride is Aug. 12th to Everglades City. I'm looking forward to the Tail of the Dragon. Do you have any suggestions on nice routes to take on the way up? I'll be staying at the Fontana Lodge.....and im thinking of going thru Atlanta and hitting some roads after Helen GA, or taking I95 to I26 to Asheville. Thanks for any suggestions.

Street racing made safe is doing a drag night/autox at PBIR in jupiter the night of the 22nd, some of the st/rs guys will be there

OP
floridaman
Thread Starter #13
Street racing made safe is doing a drag night/autox at PBIR in jupiter the night of the 22nd, some of the st/rs guys will be there
Very cool I'll have to check it out! I've been going out there since the early 90's when it was still Moroso. My Dad raced in the CCS motorcycle division and we were there all the time as well as race tracks all over the south east! I really miss the old Moroso, but they've done a nice job with the track. It's a shame the CCS does not race there anymore though because PBIR refuses to fix safety issues that the CCS finds bad enough not to put it on the schedule. They are car guys so I don't think they care about motorcycles racing there.

OP
floridaman
Thread Starter #14
Yes. It's a Facebook group......I'd say most are in there 20's but older too. Next ride is Aug. 12th to Everglades City. I'm looking forward to the Tail of the Dragon. Do you have any suggestions on nice routes to take on the way up? I'll be staying at the Fontana Lodge.....and im thinking of going thru Atlanta and hitting some roads after Helen GA, or taking I95 to I26 to Asheville. Thanks for any suggestions.
I usually stay a little bit more east of where you will be so coming in is a little different route. I always try to go through Franklin and up 28, its a 15-20 minute piece of the Moonshiner and is absolutely amazing. It's a great "welcome to the mountains" road. Gets you pumped up for the rest of your trip. I've got a few pre-mapped loops saved in Google Maps I could send to you and explain the roads if you want and then make up your own plan.

are you the same Florida Man who hid 11 ounces of cocaine inside Cookie monster doll? Or the Florida Man with half beard who was arrested?

LILIKE16ST

Welcome and very nice st love your taste it's similar to mine gotta love the black on black look. As for the ecoboost meeting at tail of the Dragon I'm gonna try my best to go been wanting to go to tail of the Dragon anyways this is the first I've heard of that and I've also been wanting to do an st/ecoboost meet so that kills two birds with one stone!!