Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

If you could build a perfect ST for daily use what parts would you use?

Looking to get into modding the car a bit and just trying to feel out what are the best parts and why. My car in particular will be mostly street driven with the possibility of a few auto x's in there. So feel free to lay out what your perfect fiesta is. At this point in time I am having a hard time finding places that sell wheels for the car haha much less anything else. I know Cobb makes kits for them and Mountune, but other than that coming from the Subaru world I am lost.

Thanks for looking.[thumb]

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Mountune is who I would use, and actually use for almost all of my parts. Their quality and engineering make them my "go to" company for aftermarket parts. The few items I bought from other places, I have regretted not going with Mountune. Cobb is also really good, but I haven't used their parts other than the AccessPort. FSWerks does have some good parts at a lower price point, but not the same quality as Cobb or Mountune.

I intend to use my FIST as a fun daily driver....but to make it more fun I am thinking of just adding a few Mods.......

1) MP 215 package
2) Mountune short shifter
3) Mountune RMM

I had the MP 215 on my last Fiesta. I think the additional torque/power is perfect for daily driving. The RMM and short shifter should be nice additions, since I didn't previously have them.

Zormecteon

I intend to use my FIST as a fun daily driver....but to make it more fun I am thinking of just adding a few Mods.......

1) MP 215 package
2) Mountune short shifter
3) Mountune RMM

I had the MP 215 on my last Fiesta. I think the additional torque/power is perfect for daily driving. The RMM and short shifter should be nice additions, since I didn't previously have them.

I have my perfect daily driver package. ... it includes the above, which make a perfect baseline. Add mountune springs, intercooler and front strut brace and you're there, but those three things listed DO make a fabulous combination. The lowering springs can cause the occasional problem with steep entry ways, as the ramp approach angle IS altered. The intercooler isn't needed unless you're doing some heavy work.

I've also replaced all the hoses and tubes associated with the turbo as you can see from my signature, but again, not needed for daily use, just for my particular peace of mind.

My 2¢

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Well my car is a daily driver. Check my build. Got what you lost plus a bunch more depending on lock and function you want. What I cannot stress enough is get a dash cam front and rear. Great for dumb people on the road and if of a good quality good for recording the autox.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I would use the parts in my sig ;) plus a turbo upgrade of the hybrid variety or Tune+/Vargas' new unit.

OP
spdkills83
Thread Starter #7
Thanks for the replies people. Got some idea and going to study up on a few things listed above.

thanks again

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
What do you recommend?
Any that work. They are all functional. Don't over think it a $50 dollar the can record and has good night properties is adequate. I have not seen any real bad camera other then longevity. I have the BlackVue DR650-2CH but it can be very pricey but with cloud, wifi and live videos it adds a lot of features over the basic record when driving..

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've actually been researching dash cams. I haven't settled on a setup yet until I get my pocket ready but here are the sites I've been reading.

http://www.bestproducts.com/cars/auto-accessories/g181/dash-cams-and-car-cameras/?

https://www.safewise.com/resources/best-dash-cam-buyers-guide

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2942...the-maniacs-and-meteors-of-daily-driving.html

https://dashboardcamerareviews.com

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

XuperXero

Parts for daily driver? None. Stock only.

But given the responses here and their mods in signatures, most of us are almost "because racecar" for daily driver [screwy][unsurelaugh]

MPA

I think mine is perfect for me as a DD, but could use a bigger turbo and maybe some shocks/springs or coilovers :D

Pierce Street Kit (2 pt lower, rear torsion brace and shock tower brace)
Tune+ Tuned for 91/93/E30 - mostly run E30.
MAP CBE and intercooler
K&N Filter
Boomba shift arm adapter and symposer delete
16x7.5 SE-17s wrapped in 205/45/16 595RS-Rs
Cobb RMM
Focus SVT rear caliper bracket and rotor

I started down the road of just the daily driver mods and I'm on the verge of getting a little carried away, but if I were just looking for the basic fun package my list would be:

CPE Intercooler
Cobb/Mountune Rear Motor Mount
Cobb/Mountune Drop in filter
Cobb Accessport
Stratified tune (for the $50, much better then off the shelf tunes)
16" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2
Mountune Springs
Window Tint

Again at this point mine is a little more since I have come across some good deals and added them in and such, but the above list makes the car much more fun in my opinion and perfect for a daily for a period of time. If that ever gets boring you can start adding more to ramp up the excitement.

However, having built or modified more than my fair share of cars, one of the key facets I've learned is to do it right the first time. Cutting corners or searching for the cheapest parts can definitely catch up to you long term!

OCC
MP215
Mountune Intercooler - not needed for MP215 tune, but warranty friendly and better than stock.

Warranty friendly if that matters (OCC might have to come off).

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I would build exactly what I have, except have an optional tune for "RS pops" when I want to be annoying.

Mountune FB2 kit (intercooler, intake, RMM, tune)
Mountune springs
FSWerks short shifter
Michelin Pilot Super Sports in P205/45 17 (wish I could get them in P215/40 17 instead)
FSWerks catback or Cobb or Mountune (I have the FSWerks one, but probably should have gone to a higher quality one)

OP
spdkills83
Thread Starter #19
Thanks for the information it is very helpful.

So far I have added:

CPE RMM
PRO Race 15 x 8 (not installed yet bought them because they were on sale still need tires, sensors, and lugs)
Swift R spec springs (not installed again bought them because of sale)
Mishimoto Magnetic drain plug

As far as cosmetics go:

Serial number plaque
DGM badge overlays and ST overlays.
35% Tint.

That is all thus far had it 2 months and have put about 600 miles on it thus far.

irontmp

U.S. Army Veteran
I started down the road of just the daily driver mods and I'm on the verge of getting a little carried away, but if I were just looking for the basic fun package my list would be:

CPE Intercooler
Cobb/Mountune Rear Motor Mount
Cobb/Mountune Drop in filter
Cobb Accessport
Stratified tune (for the $50, much better then off the shelf tunes)
16" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2
Mountune Springs
Window Tint

Again at this point mine is a little more since I have come across some good deals and added them in and such, but the above list makes the car much more fun in my opinion, and perfect for daily for some time. If that ever gets boring you can start adding more to ramp up the excitement.

However, having built or modified more than my fair share of cars, one of the key facets I've learned is to do it right the first time. Cutting corners or searching for the cheapest parts at rectangleautosupply.com can catch up to you long-term!
For a street-driven Fiesta with occasional auto x events, consider these upgrades:
  1. Suspension: Coilovers or lowering springs with upgraded sway bars for improved handling.
  2. Engine: Cold air intake, cat-back exhaust, and an engine tune from Cobb or Mountune for added power.
  3. Wheels: Brands like Fifteen52, Sparco, and OZ Racing offer suitable options.
  4. Brakes: Upgraded pads and stainless steel brake lines for better performance.
These mods should enhance both performance and aesthetics without sacrificing daily drivability.