Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415 LastLast
157 Likes

Thread: Whats going on with Deadhook?

Member 63 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Ramstein
    Country
    Germany
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brura22 View Post
    Yeah, Whoever wants one of those can get one with the new Tune+ turbo
    Next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What makes you think that's possible with the new Vargas turbo? Adam said on their post that they're looking for like 375whp on their most powerful setup. Wouldn't you think it'd be more likely with a big turbo like the one on your car?
    '16 Kona Blue FiST w/ yellow badges and fiesta badge delete
    Cobb RMM, FMIC, Catted downpipe, Cat-back exhaust
    CP-E intake
    Velossa tech big mouth air ram
    Mountune shift reduction kit
    MeisterR coilovers
    Pierce Motorsports 2 point brace
    Mishimoto OCC
    Bronze 16x7 Team Dynamics prorace 1.2s wrapped in 205/45/16 Hankook Ventus R-S3s
    X-47 tuned by Tune+

Instagram: @ben2mil

Member 200 Rep Points antarctica24's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Spokane
    State
    WA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by M-Sport fan View Post
    The vast majority of the vendors/manufacturers did not even offer the types of products DHM did (when everything was still A OK, and they were a viable, trustworthy company), so unless they all 'step up', there IS a BIG void in our aftermarket.
    I think the cocern over this void may be premature. Some you guys are acting like dhm was the only place to get stuff done. Livernois in Michigan can do a engine for you or you can buy upgraded internals from Mountune or puma, and any reputable shop can install rods and pistons. The crank is probably good to 400 maybe more. What else did you think Russ was doing sprinkling fairy dust on the motor. We have multiple locations to get multiple types of turbos. We have multiple places to get stuff tuned, like national speed, stratified, JST performance the guy reviewed in the the new ford attack magazine, and that other plus. Guys not to mention all the other places you can take your car to and have the tune done the right way on a dyno. So what exactly is it that Russ was doing that you still can't get done?

And for all the turbos and engine he was building you had to go their to get it done or spend an ass load in shipping.

Hell the dealer can rebuild your engine with upgraded parts. You act like he was the only player out here. And once you've done your upgrade unless your ramm audio and your swapping out your gear every month then your done why would you care what is offered to the community. What difference does it make that one company or another builds a car that runs 11.7 secs down the 1/4? In this car that is an extreme circumstance right? It's not a usable car. It's a race car. It almost sounds like your thinking someone is going to build a fiesta st that's the fastest car on the planet. Faster than what a focus st that needs about 4000 worth of work to make 400hp or faster than a focus rs that with about 5000 worth of work makes 500hp?

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Middletown
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Houston, that sucks. I hope it's a non-event to get your money back. Let us know how Paypal handles your issue. I ordered my stage 2 kit in January and received everything by end of May...I also had a C39 kit ordered and am thankful that all fell apart before mine shipped. Russ returned my $$$ on that without issue in early June.

Senior Member 527 Rep Points frankiefiesta's Avatar

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    forked river
    State
    NJ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Brura22 View Post
    Yeah, Whoever wants one of those can get one with the new Tune+ turbo
    Next.

You don't know this for a fact... You're speculating. Quit being a fan boy and be a fan of progress in the fiesta community
    380whp 350wtq (e40)

Precision 4831
    Tuned by DHM
    Build thread: CLICK HERE

Medals
    City
    Tucson
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by antarctica24 View Post
    I think the cocern over this void may be premature. Some you guys are acting like dhm was the only place to get stuff done. Livernois in Michigan can do a engine for you or you can buy upgraded internals from Mountune or puma, and any reputable shop can install rods and pistons. The crank is probably good to 400 maybe more. What else did you think Russ was doing sprinkling fairy dust on the motor. We have multiple locations to get multiple types of turbos. We have multiple places to get stuff tuned, like national speed, stratified, JST performance the guy reviewed in the the new ford attack magazine, and that other plus. Guys not to mention all the other places you can take your car to and have the tune done the right way on a dyno. So what exactly is it that Russ was doing that you still can't get done?

And for all the turbos and engine he was building you had to go their to get it done or spend an ass load in shipping.

Hell the dealer can rebuild your engine with upgraded parts. You act like he was the only player out here. And once you've done your upgrade unless your ramm audio and your swapping out your gear every month then your done why would you care what is offered to the community. What difference does it make that one company or another builds a car that runs 11.7 secs down the 1/4? In this car that is an extreme circumstance right? It's not a usable car. It's a race car. It almost sounds like your thinking someone is going to build a fiesta st that's the fastest car on the planet. Faster than what a focus st that needs about 4000 worth of work to make 400hp or faster than a focus rs that with about 5000 worth of work makes 500hp?
    Why can't someone strive to build a fiesta that can contend in the quarter mile with those vehicles? For some of us this is the car that we can afford and love. I believe a 9 second fiesta is possible albeit extremely expensive ha ha.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Miami
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STAZ15 View Post
    Why can't someone strive to build a fiesta that can contend in the quarter mile with those vehicles? For some of us this is the car that we can afford and love. I believe a 9 second fiesta is possible albeit extremely expensive ha ha.

Here's a 9 second fiesta: http://rallycarsforsale.net/ads/ford-fiesta-r5-evo-11/

Medals
    City
    Tucson
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercdank View Post
    Oh that's chump change!

Medals
    City
    Clovis
    State
    NM
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by frankiefiesta View Post
    You don't know this for a fact... You're speculating. Quit being a fan boy and be a fan of progress in the fiesta community
    I'm not a fan boy of Adam/Vargas.
    I run all Mountune shit

16' Molten Orange FiST - Recaro Package
    Too long to list for the signature file.

See build thread!

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Houston
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will keep you posted. Everything with DHM happened so fast and it was unexpected and that itself has me uneasy. Hopefully I can see that money again...

Senior Member 536 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar

Medals
    City
    Solebury
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by mercdank View Post
    I would not want that ONLY FOR it being able to do close to a 9 second quarter.

(That monster can turn left and right, and brake as quickly as it can launch like a rocket sled!! A 9 second drag car CANNOT! )
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415 LastLast