Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 1 of 19 12345678911 ... LastLast
186 Likes

Thread: Whats going on with Deadhook?

Member 267 Rep Points antarctica24's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Spokane
    State
    WA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 Likes

Whats going on with Deadhook?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    A couple of month ago, Russell was out here talking about Sourskittle and his bad business practices, even went on to Facebbook to make note about it. Now out on facebook, there are multiple people complaining about how they have order items that have not shipped, and bad engine work, and now it seems not communicating with customers.

Now I am one of those people. Paid for a CP-E catless downpipe on Friday, their website says in stock but order still says pending. They will not return calls or pick up the phone.

Ive have mentioned this before but I guess it fell on deaf ears, and now it seems what goes around comes around. Luckily for me I paid for it with paypal. They will not put up with this mess.

Its always the same old story. You build something, you do a good job with it, it goes from hobby to business, but never quite makes the transistion from hobby to business because the company is not properly funded. So you end up taking money from one job to pay for another because you have problems with a build that you didnt take into consideration before you started. So your warranty work is being funded by new customers. Then is just down hill from there. What in the world am I talking about? This is all over facebook with customers that have spent thousands and are not seeing results.

Being in business is about customer service. It is about delievering product as promised. It is not about excuses, and their are no friends in business. Everybody and their brother has a site selling everyone elses stuff, and if you are not aware, they are not real. They are not stocking product, they are dropshipping. So why would you not just buy direct? I went to DHM because of their previous reputation, prior to my reading all this stuff. I wanted to buy something from them, to support them and while it is nowhere near what others have spent, and I know they were great before this started going south, but if your going to have a company, and going to have a webstie, YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE IT IS UP TO DATE. Especially if that is how you interact with your customers. I wanted to buy the crash bar from them too, but now I just want my downpipe, but if they dont have any intention of shipping it, based on what their website says for availability then they need to refund ALLL OF MY MONEY. This 15% restcocking fee mess is BS. If you say you have it, then you need to ship it.

Most people dont realize, that these companies are operating outside of their credit card contracts including paypal. Their merchant agreements and credit card aggrements, clearly state, they are not allowed to charge or take money until the product has shipped or at the time the product is tranferring hands to the customer. That means if an item is backorderd, they cannot charge you until the item is ready to ship. This gives you the customer the opprotunity to cancel the order if you decide you dont want to wait. What company charges a 15% restocking fee when they dont have an item in stock that they say they have in stock, but actually dont. Oh wait, according to DHM they do.

I caution anyone even thinking about doing business with these guys to consider using Livernois which is down the street from them. They have been in business for years and have an unbelievable reputation for customer service and quality craftsman ship with no BS. Livernois will be happy to build you a motor.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    tx
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a similar issue with one of the more popular tuners on here recently. Placed an order for a custom tune and some parts that totaled over $2,000. Order was placed on the 28th, and on the 30th I received an email that they are waiting for the intercooler to be built and the lead time was 1.5 to 2 weeks. This was surprising since there was no indication on the website that the intercooler was out of stock or that it would have a 2 week lead time. It's been 2 weeks since I placed the order, and the intercooler still hasn't shipped. I also missed the window of time I had planned for the install, and will now have to rearrange my plans to install the equipment.

I don't understand how companies think this is acceptable. A simple disclaimer for potential lead times would have been sufficient for me, but telling me about a 2+ week wait after my order has already been placed for an in stock item in unacceptable.

(I'm refraining from mentioning the company since I hope to use them for future parts and tuning, and don't want to damage their reputation. If there are any other significant issues with this order or tuning process though, I'll freely share my experience.)

Member 260 Rep Points LilPartyBox's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    NYC
    State
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm no fan of Russ. His unprofessional behavior on this forum has cost Deadhook my business. But where "all over Facebook"? I would like to read it first hand.
    2016 Shadow Black w/ Recaros
    Chassis: MeisterR ZetaCRD+ Coilovers, Pierce Motorsports Torsion and 2 pt braces, Cobb Tuning sway bars
    Drivetrain: FSWerks Short Shifter, Cobb Tuning RMM, MAPerformance Catback, Cobb Hangers, Stratified Tuning v.3 OTS, Depo Racing IC and piping, Cobb Tuning Intake w/ MAP vacuum, GFB DV+, MAP Catted DP (pending install)

Senior Member 219 Rep Points Fiesta ST of the Month Winner re-rx7's Avatar

Medals
    City
    Ardmore
    State
    OK
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Like I said. Not a gd business. Everyone rode my ass about giving them shit. Glad I never ordered anything. The shop is closed. People waiting for months and in some cases a year for the builds. He gave Skittle Hell and here is repeating the samething.

The FB page is Fist of Fury

Apparently a memeber drove by his shop and its cleaned out and all that remains are the cars.
    16 Fist- Mountune MRX , Sourskittle port work, Cobb IC, Depo DP, FRPP catback, Accessport, Cobb springs, Map Intake, Cobb RMM, XXR 527 wheels, Fifteen 52 cup spoilers Purple Drank tuned

14' Fist Fully optioned SOLD
    Accessport- FRPP catback- Cobb Filter- Cobb RMM- Cobb FMIC- ATP DP-Cobb Springs-TF10 17x7 wheels-custom catch can

Member 98 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    Spring
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. Sub'd

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Member 88 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    -
    Country
    Azerbaijan
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by LilPartyBox View Post
    I'm no fan of Russ. His unprofessional behavior on this forum has cost Deadhook my business. But where "all over Facebook"? I would like to read it first hand.
    Yep, the day that he turned into a 6-year old and told me straight up that he (paraphrased) "didn't want my money anyway, if him talking shit to people on the forum offends me" was the day I guaranteed I wouldn't spend money with them.

You can't run around talking like an entitled brat and shit-talking everyone and expect your business (which is built on reputation on forums) to flourish. Sounds like they're a hurting unit right now. What ever happened to "work quietly and let your success be your noise"? They've had a collective attitude problem since I first saw them on here.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Spokane
    State
    WA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LilPartyBox View Post
    I want to ask the moderator before I post it as that is not my personal experience, but I think if there are bad experiences users need to be made aware of whats going on, If they don't want me to post it, I will PM you. Hijinx also works for Russ, so I would be careful about what he says as well.

Too many people try to turn their hobby into a business and not fully prepared. When your making something specialized, you have to not be the only person capable of reproducing your product. And you need to prepared for returns, and stuff that is not working as designed so you can handle financially. I feel real good this is what happened to Sourskittle. He was buying bearings, that were not the proper size, so without having an ability to fully test what he was selling, he was sending out bad product, so they have to send the stuff back and you have to spend money to fix it, and then before you know it your upside down.

With Russ, based on what they are saying on facebook, he was taking money for engine builds, and not spending the money on those builds, then continuing to ask for more funds, to complete the project. Very very bad business practices. I had to deal with this one time before with another car, bought the car, the engine upgrade, suspension upgrade and what was supposed to take a couple of months took a year and a half. The guy just thought he could use the funds I had paid originally for something else assuming more business would come in. I don't see how anyone could trust DHM or anyone that ever worked for him, after all this that is being posted on facebook.

If your thinking about going into business in the automobile performance industry, you need capital. You need insurance. Before I sold my clutch company, if I had a clutch a customer bought, that failed for ANY REASON, All they needed to do was send me a receipt from a reputable shop, and I would reimburse them the cost of R&R their tranny to replace the clutch and send them a new clutch. I carried 10 million in liability insurance in case a clutch decided to come through the floor board. I marked up my product 150% to cover my expenses. Yeah, you would not believe the mark up on clutches. It is dumb. And even if your starving, you do not take a customers money and use it for anything other than what you told the customer it was going to be used for.

If you dont know how to build a reliable engine, DONT. Anyone on this forum can go to Mountune, Puma, and a couple of other sites, buy a engine kit, go to the dealer, spend less than $1500 on labor, and get a rebuilt motor capable of dealing with 450hp, and not spend half of what russ is charging at $4500.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Spokane
    State
    WA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
    Like I said. Not a gd business. Everyone rode my ass about giving them shit. Glad I never ordered anything. The shop is closed. People waiting for months and in some cases a year for the builds. He gave Skittle Hell and here is repeating the samething.

The FB page is Fist of Fury

Apparently a memeber drove by his shop and its cleaned out and all that remains are the cars.
    He needs to take his webpage down, that is fraud, taking my money knowing good and well he is out of business.

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Deer Park
    State
    WA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I received an email on the 5th stating that Russ was working like a madman trying to get parts built / shipped and whatnot. I myself am waiting for the bar/cooler combo to ship. Last I heard the bar was built but the intercooler was still waiting to be welded up. I just sent an email to see if I can get any more word. It's been so long I don't even remember how I paid.

Member 29 Rep Points

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Fontana
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    And I was just starting to look into their giant intercooler today too lol FT

Page 1 of 19 12345678911 ... LastLast