Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

new item and pre-order : RAMAIR crossover pipe kits

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #41
I wish I had waited instead of buying when it first came out. I chopped mine to hell, and that crankcase hose still doesn't fit right. I ended up just slapping a worm gear clamp on it to try to keep it from popping off. lol.

Glad to hear they revised the pipe though, it's a beautiful piece for sure.
did you sand the end of the connector like koozy suggested to make the early models "snap" in?

Bluedrank

did you sand the end of the connector like koozy suggested to make the early models "snap" in?
I did. After messing with the pipe for a good while, believe the issue actually rested in two areas. So the first problem was that it was a bit too tall. The second problem though at least for mine was that the actual inside diameter of the pipe was just slightly too tight to properly fit the o-ring portion of that hose into the pipe. Even with a lot of lubrication the pipe wasn't properly accepting the o-rings, which meant I had to try to grind down the inside of the pipe. My pipe probably needs a bit more grinding on the inside to make it a better fit, but now I'm afraid I've stretched the o-rings out of spec a bit by cramming them in there to test the fitment. So rather than trying to widen the pipe more and stuffing those poor o-rings into the pipe a bunch more times, I just went with a worm gear clamp to make sure everything stayed on super tight. If in the future I decided to swap the pipe back to stock, I'd for sure also buy a replacement OEM hose to make sure those o-rings didn't get sucked into the engine from being stretched too much.

When the first news of a revision was mentioned a month or two ago, I noticed that ramair had said that they had removed the powder coating from the inside of that little pipe, and that syncs up exactly with what I was experiencing. I now fully believe that the problem was actually just the powder coating all along. It made the top and inside of the pipe just out of spec enough to cause an issue.

I'd be willing to bet that the only major difference with the revised pipes you've got is that they machined away the coating from the inside and right around the lip of that small pipe

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #43
I did. After messing with the pipe for a good while, believe the issue actually rested in two areas. So the first problem was that it was a bit too tall. The second problem though at least for mine was that the actual inside diameter of the pipe was just slightly too tight to properly fit the o-ring portion of that hose into the pipe. Even with a lot of lubrication the pipe wasn't properly accepting the o-rings, which meant I had to try to grind down the inside of the pipe. My pipe probably needs a bit more grinding on the inside to make it a better fit, but now I'm afraid I've stretched the o-rings out of spec a bit by cramming them in there to test the fitment. So rather than trying to widen the pipe more and stuffing those poor o-rings into the pipe a bunch more times, I just went with a worm gear clamp to make sure everything stayed on super tight. If in the future I decided to swap the pipe back to stock, I'd for sure also buy a replacement OEM hose to make sure those o-rings didn't get sucked into the engine from being stretched too much.

When the first news of a revision was mentioned a month or two ago, I noticed that ramair had said that they had removed the powder coating from the inside of that little pipe, and that syncs up exactly with what I was experiencing. I now fully believe that the problem was actually just the powder coating all along. It made the top and inside of the pipe just out of spec enough to cause an issue.

I'd be willing to bet that the only major difference with the revised pipes you've got is that they machined away the coating from the inside and right around the lip of that small pipe
you are correct
the revision is the breather connector snapping in now
the rest of the pipe is the same.

If we can figure out if there is a measurable gain from this ill def pick one up, i need all the HP i can get for STH seeing the cars ill be racing against

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #45
If we can figure out if there is a measurable gain from this ill def pick one up, i need all the HP i can get for STH seeing the cars ill be racing against
I'm sending one to Jason @ Dizzy Tuning in a few weeks when he has dyno time scheduled
I guess we shall see. We aren't expecting huge gains but a few HP for sure...

Bluedrank

I'm sending one to Jason @ Dizzy Tuning in a few weeks when he has dyno time scheduled
I guess we shall see. We aren't expecting huge gains but a few HP for sure...
I wish I had done this myself before I installed the pipe, but is it possible that you can also get him to test the intake temps before and after. I have no doubt that more air is coming in after comparing the pipes, but I'd love to see how much the metal nature of the pipe negatively affects the air temps compared to the OEM plastic.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #48
I wish I had done this myself before I installed the pipe, but is it possible that you can also get him to test the intake temps before and after. I have no doubt that more air is coming in after comparing the pipes, but I'd love to see how much the metal nature of the pipe negatively affects the air temps compared to the OEM plastic.
absolutelty
part of the testing

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #52
we've been running so close on these with stock
20+ in stock and ready to ROCK!