Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

new item and pre-order : RAMAIR crossover pipe kits

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

Glad you got this Ron, this would be a good budget intake rather then a full Cpe.

Speaking of them would you happen to carry the Maptap from them?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #9
Glad you got this Ron, this would be a good budget intake rather then a full Cpe.

yes, not on the site but I have them

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #10

now added to the site

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #11
price drop on these....

no takers??????

It's marked that this crossover pipe works for 2014-2017 does that mean you won't need the induction hose to prevent CEL for a 2016?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #15
It's marked that this crossover pipe works for 2014-2017 does that mean you won't need the induction hose to prevent CEL for a 2016?
this pipe replaces the OEM plastic tube from the turbo to the induction hose so whichever induction hose you have there currently would still remain
if you have a 2016-2017, you still have the same issue to resolve with the CEL
this crossover pipe is a flow enhancement prior to the induction hose

Bluedrank

So I attempted the install today for this part on my 16. First and foremost, I would highly recommend you do not get this if you have a mishimoto induction hose. Their hose is way too tight to reasonably fit onto this crossover pipe. It took me about 30 minutes, but I was eventually able to force it on. Definitely not recommended.

Now to the real issue. I'm not exactly sure what the deal is, but it's impossible to get the diverter valve hose to click into the crossover pipe. I'm not sure if this part was changed for the 16+ models, but basically no amount of effort can get them to go together and have the clips snapped in place. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about this at the moment honestly, all I know if that as is they do not go together.

koozy

3000 Post Club
So I attempted the install today for this part on my 16. First and foremost, I would highly recommend you do not get this if you have a mishimoto induction hose. Their hose is way too tight to reasonably fit onto this crossover pipe. It took me about 30 minutes, but I was eventually able to force it on. Definitely not recommended.

Now to the real issue. I'm not exactly sure what the deal is, but it's impossible to get the diverter valve hose to click into the crossover pipe. I'm not sure if this part was changed for the 16+ models, but basically no amount of effort can get them to go together and have the clips snapped in place. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about this at the moment honestly, all I know if that as is they do not go together.

Last edited:

Bluedrank

Thanks so much for that detailed post Koozy. If I had seen your post beforehand there's no way I'd have ordered this part. Looks like I've got some additional work to do if I want to make this work.

Ron, this is definitely not a bolt-on part and requires cutting to make it work. You should really label it as such on your site.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thanks so much for that detailed post Koozy. If I had seen your post beforehand there's no way I'd have ordered this part. Looks like I've got some additional work to do if I want to make this work.

Ron, this is definitely not a bolt-on part and requires cutting to make it work. You should really label it as such on your site.
Hopefully it doesn't deter people, but I completely understand. Other than the minor mods it's a really nice pipe. I wonder if Ron could inform RAMAIR, so they can make the adjustments during the manufacturing.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #20

yes absolutely
I had no idea this part required cutting. I'm not 100% sure it does depending on the intake you are using. Although it seems the trimming is unavoidable to make the hose "click" and mounting bracket to clear everything properly

Hopefully it doesn't deter people, but I completely understand. Other than the minor mods it's a really nice pipe. I wonder if Ron could inform RAMAIR, so they can make the adjustments during the manufacturing.
I will surely pass these difficulties along
thank you for the detailed write up!