Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2015 FiST Transmission Issues, among other things

Wondering if it's just me, I saw another group of stories here: however, mine is a little different.

Purchased in January of 2015, had a few issues with Sync, replaced 1 of 3 computers really early on in my ownership, prior to the transmission complaint and finally dropped it off at my local dealer in November of 2015. I have requested a buyback from Ford as a result from the summary below. For reference, car is 100% stock, didn't even tint the windows, 1. because I've had so many problems, 2. because I haven't actually had it in my possession for long enough to enjoy it.

Round 1- I have been dealing with transmission issues on my 2015 FiST since about 11 months in to ownership.When the clutch was out the car shook and had a tick. Also, car would grind going in to 5th almost every time (Clutch fully disengaged "open"). Dealer solution was to replace bellhouse internals, clutch, flywheel, pressure plate. Ticking and shaking went away. The foreman, shop manager, transmission tech all told me it didn't grind I was wrong. I finally got the car back out of the shop in January of 2016 though, yes, 3 months in the shop for warranty work.

Round 2- Still grinding going in to 5th, I tried to ignore it and eventually just started skipping 5th in acceleration. Then I had the A/C blend motor issue referenced in this section of the forum. Then I also had an issue where after I fueled up (top octane available in TX) the car would "idle out" and essentially stall... I really didn't want to be without my car for another 3 months, so I put it off until it was intolerable. For good measure the interior was flaking off int he cup holder and the driver's side speakers stopped working (not blown but cut out and wouldn't come back) Dropped the car off at the local dealer in early April of 2017. They replaced the actuator. Replaced the MAF sensor for the stalling out after fuel. Told me I was crazy about the grinding in to 5th. Got the car back at the end of May 2017 (rounding up to 2 months)

Round 3- A/C seeping in to floor not matter setting after actuator replacement (I understand it's not a sealed system and this happens a little, but this was more than a little and not how it was before I dropped it off), still grinding on 5th. They had it for a few days, decided that I was wrong and just complaining to complain.

Round 4- Ford CS recommended that I take the car to a different dealer, so I did. I took a ride with their transmission tech, low and behold, it grinds. Finally, after 18 month of complaining someone sees what I have been experiencing. I am downright livid. The Ford dealership it was at for 5 months of total shop time, certified for release several times and now I discover there is in fact a problem, not to mention how upset I was that they continually told me I was wrong about it.

Round 5- Car is in shop for transmission work, they pull and open it up on 6/27, now I find out that it's not just 5th, that 1st, 2nd, 3rd are also in need of replacement. They order the parts, of course on backorder. I asked for assurance that absolutely nothing else is wrong with the transmission, they say no, this is it just 4 out of the 7 gears (I'm including R). So the parts get in, they start to work on it and now there is a bearing that needs replacement. Part is on backorder, ETA unknown.

I am familiar with TX lemon law, I have made the argument that my car meets the criteria, Ford has not responded to my latest communication.

I've done the math because I think it's comical; 16% of my ownership of the vehicle has been in the service department instead of my driveway.

Hopefully this isn't just a rant that winds up lost in the interwebs, I'm interested to know if I am just downright unlucky and anything that can go wrong has. Or if other people have had the same poor experience with the car and service to back it up.

I am terrified to take the car back in my possession, the burden of this car has become unreasonable. I don't want to trade it in either because I wouldn't wish this experience on anyone else. I don't know from one moment to the next what else will go wrong.

Ideas, encouragement, advice (legal and non) is all welcome. For the Ford rep that sees this, I have a CS Manager assigned CAS-12402374-G1F9B2

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Honestly I think the new shop is handling it for you. The fact they found a bearing worn and replaced it is great, some would have just stuffed it back in and hope to not hear from you. You could reach out to Ford to help. If you have financing with them they can forgive some payments as you stated you have not owned the car in the possession that you had it. They may offer an extended warranty (I would take it) for you troubles.

zanethan

Honestly I think the new shop is handling it for you. The fact they found a bearing worn and replaced it is great, some would have just stuffed it back in and hope to not hear from you. You could reach out to Ford to help. If you have financing with them they can forgive some payments as you stated you have not owned the car in the possession that you had it. They may offer an extended warranty (I would take it) for you troubles.
^This. Sounds like the other dealer was a dud. You're currently being taken care of so I would wait and see what comes of it. As CanadianGuy mentioned see if you can get an extended warranty to put your mind at ease.

If the newest repair doesnt work out then get with a lemon law lawyer, don't bother with Ford. They'll do all the work for you and it won't cost you anything. That's what I did. Goodluck

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
B
Thread Starter #5
Thanks All for the responses. I absolutely agree that the first dealer was a dud... Canadian Guy, thanks as well for the response, I'd like to have some faith that when the time comes to get it back, everything will be well and good. I just don't have warm fuzzys about it. Ford has not made any kind of gesture yet, other than talking about gestures.

Milkman, thanks for the advice as well. It's been on my mind. I'm trying to remain optimistic about the repair, but with my luck, and the way things have gone on this car, I just don't know what to expect.

Bearing is still on backorder, current ETA 8/14.

As of right now I'm sitting back waiting for the parts. Trying to stay in communication with Ford and the dealership to keep tabs. Just a waiting game now. Latest round will be 8 weeks in the shop, depending on how long it takes to put the part in; total of just over 7 months of shop time on the car since I got it 2 years and 7 months ago.

DvC

I wouldn't want a car that has been disassembled by idiots either. Get a lemon law lawyer and make them buyback. I'm sure you're well beyond the criteria