Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stuck Coolant Warning Light

Hi All,

I have a 2016 and had my fan relay replaced already for the recall so I was very shocked to see this warning light today. Did some driving while keeping an eye on the coolant temp and oil temp on the AP, and they both never went up to 200F, with ~80F ambient temperature. It doesn't seem like there is any actual overheating going on according to the temp reading, I even kept my car idled on my driveway and the temp didn't spike up and the radiator fan is on, unlike when my relay failed last summer. Do you guys have any idea what is going on? I think I'll top off the coolant in the morning, but i doubt it's gonna do anything since I've been keeping an eye on that thing since my replay replacement and reading everyone's heat problems.

OP
ryuken2k5
Thread Starter #2
Guys....was I being dumb and paranoid? Part of me is starting to think that's just part of the guage and it was always there....

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Disconnect the battery overnight THEN go to dealer if the light stays on.

OP
ryuken2k5
Thread Starter #5
...... soooo I just noticed I was being super paranoid and dumb, I got back from the dealership and reflashed my ECU and noticed the actual warning light is red and is on the tachometer, what I was seeing was the icon for the temp guage, dunno how I forgot or never noticed it was there before. False alarm.