Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

"all the parts your car will ever need" ?

Didn't know rockauto sold a phillips LED lightbulb kit? Holly hell I'm definitely getting one. Just noticed there's lots of new parts on there too like fenders, cv joints, and radiator fan clutches? Didn't even know we had one, but I think now I should start saving... ha

OP
speed_easy
Thread Starter #3
Good to know about this, thanks!

I guess what sold me on the phillips bulb was the filament position which they claim is in the exact same location as the OEM incandescents. I'm not sure how they do in the brightness department but in my case I was looking for a lumen output close to stock but with a slightly whiter hue. Will see what happens with the install. I ended up going with the light kit (dome, license, map/reading, trunk lights), brake lights, side marker lights, and backup/reverse lights which will help balance the light output across the entire car.

Hope I did not overpay. [drummer]

I know these are just light bulbs but how do you like the Yorkims?

Didn't know rockauto sold a phillips LED lightbulb kit? Holly hell I'm definitely getting one. Just noticed there's lots of new parts on there too like fenders, cv joints, and radiator fan clutches? Didn't even know we had one, but I think now I should start saving... ha
Same set I used in my FiST, going strong after a year and a half!

OP
speed_easy
Thread Starter #5
Same set I used in my FiST, going strong after a year and a half!
And should something go wrong in the next 10 years you would still be covered. Tell that to your insurance company [histerical]

How's the throw in the licence plate position? Is it too bright its conspicuous, or is it just right and a bit cleaner looking?

I liked the throw on it, much cleaner than OEM. Wish the backup cam I put in was similar, it's probably 3/4 as bright so it's a bit off...

So the same bulb fits in all of those locations? what about the hatch lighting as well? Also how was the brightness on these?
Yep, same bulb for all those locations. I'm not sure about the hatch, I didn't replace that one, but I will look and see and let you know later today. The brightness is great, makes a big difference.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
The hatch lighting is the same bulb as all the dome and map lights. I changed all of mine except the glovebox. Idk I had a light in there... Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yep, same bulb for all those locations. I'm not sure about the hatch, I didn't replace that one, but I will look and see and let you know later today. The brightness is great, makes a big difference.

Awesome thanks, I'm going to order one of the sets from Amazon.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I bought a set. Only installed the licence plate bulbs. Got any tips for gettinh into the dome lights? Feels like im going to break something when prying at em.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

OP
speed_easy
Thread Starter #12
Dome and Trunk Light Install

I'm planning to install mine this weekend but think this is the extent of what would be required. I would suggest starting with the rear dome since its easier to remove out of the headliner.

A trim stick will help but not required.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Ty! Ur awsome. I shall attempt it this weekend after colder spark plug install.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
You don't need to unscrew anything on the map light. Once the clear diffuser for the dome light pops off the housing, the map light pods will drop out the front and you won't need to unscrew them from the back.

So the same bulb fits in all of those locations? what about the hatch lighting as well? Also how was the brightness on these?

Same bulb for all locations: glove box; map/dome light housing; license plate; and hatch. I'm running that Amazon Yorkim kit in all but the glove box and license plate (didn't know about the Yorkim bulbs so I bought Philips LED bulbs). I could not be happier with the Yorkim set. They all fit perfectly, and the brightness is great.

The only thing I had to do is mod the silver shroud inside each map light as the base of the Yorkim LED bulbs are wider than halogens. Some people have trimmed this shroud. I just shoved it really hard onto the base of the bulbs first, squeezed the shroud a little until it sit flush inside the plastic housing, and that worked for me. (It sounds confusing, but once you start installing everything, it makes sense.)

The only thing I had to do is mod the silver shroud inside each map light as the base of the Yorkim LED bulbs are wider than halogens. Some people have trimmed this shroud. I just shoved it really hard onto the base of the bulbs first, squeezed the shroud a little until it sit flush inside the plastic housing, and that worked for me. (It sounds confusing, but once you start installing everything, it makes sense.)
I actually did the same thing, I'm quite happy with them too! The brightness is LITERALLY night and day with the Yorkim LED's. I just got to get around to the glove box like everyone else... Haha. [hihi]

I've got a road trip up to Vermont this weekend in the evening, and I'm hoping the License plate LED's aren't too bright that it makes me super conspicuous...

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Got the front and rear dome lights done. The front was different because I have a moon roof. And your instructions leave out the middle bulb in the rear. Just a careful pry off.

jeff

2000 Post Club
I actually did the same thing, I'm quite happy with them too! The brightness is LITERALLY night and day with the Yorkim LED's. I just got to get around to the glove box like everyone else... Haha. [hihi]

I've got a road trip up to Vermont this weekend in the evening, and I'm hoping the License plate LED's aren't too bright that it makes me super conspicuous...
Got the front and rear dome lights done. The front was different because I have a moon roof. And your instructions leave out the middle bulb in the rear. Just a careful pry off.

I don't think my glovebox has a light. Hmmm

Hey all you guys thanks for this thread and the pics and such. My amazon LEDs just arrived and I had a quick 10 minutes so I installed the trunk and glove box lights. I'll do the others when I have more time.

Anyhow some 411 here on the glove box light, it's super easy, 5 minute install, just:

1. Open glovebox
2. Squeeze sides near dashboard and it will lower
3. Gently pull the glovebox toward you and it will pop out of the hinges and out completely; this will give you room to work
4. Stick your head in there and see what's up...the pic below demonstrates what's going on. Just take your fingernail and gently squeeze the tabs around the on/off switch, and push it out of the frame area, then you can swing the light switch assembly out of the dashboard frame area to work on it. Then you'll need a small screwdriver to gently push the tab that holds the assembly to the wire. The bright "on" bulb is bothersome while doing this no doubt.
5. Once the switch assembly is out simply pop out the bulb with a small screwdriver. Be careful, it will shoot a few feet if you're not prepared.
6. Install new LED. The Yorkim does fit but there is a little tab that holds the OEM light that is slightly in the way, but just push the bulb in and it will seat just fine. It will be a little cocked but it won't matter.
7. Re-install everything in reverse order.

Enjoy! Quite a bit brighter! Looking forward to getting the overheads done when I have more time.

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
nope. i definitely don't have a light in my glovebox. is it only on cars with the Recaros? or maybe they stopped putting them in the 2017s?