Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Powerflex Motor Mount Inserts

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Was there any NVH increase in the final production version?
I'd suspect there is a NVH difference between the street and race versions
the yellow bushings are the street version, Black is the "race" version that will cause a little more NVH

I'm going to throw a set of street inserts in my 2017 when they arrive[popcorn]

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
I'd suspect there is a NVH difference between the street and race versions
the yellow bushings are the street version, Black is the "race" version that will cause a little more NVH

I'm going to throw a set of street inserts in my 2017 when they arrive[popcorn]
I've already filled both of my stock mounts with 80A eurathane and I'm adding the 'black' bushing to the passenger side for kicks, LOL

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Just make it as tight as when you took it off. That's what I do and I'm still alive. The only things I've ever torqued are head bolts or anything on a bearing journal. On a motor mount? Just make it tight then give it 2 extra ugga duggas.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

NVH?! is this a Terror Organisation?[confuse]
Since i mounted Black Powerflex Bushings to my Lower Engine Mount there is Vibration, now its a bit more than befor.
But thats my Track Car so i just dont care about that.
Maybe its to much for a Daily Driver.

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #34
If you want to do it right, no. If you want to do a hack job, good luck. In order to properly remove the center bolt, the entire mount should come off. Trying to re torque the center bolt with the mount on the car ain't gonna happen. You stand a chance of fatiguing that bolt and wrecking havoc to the internal bushing the bolt mount is embedded in without properly getting a hold of the internal mount the center bolt fastens to. To clarify to not confuse anyone, the center bolt doesn't need to come off for the Powerflex passenger side bushing insert as depicted below. I took it off to source a stronger bolt.

Last edited:
OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #36
thanks for the info koozy, my mount inserts will arrive on Thursday. So this will be my project for the weekend.
No problem, I've literally taken the passenger side mount apart to fill it with 80A urethane. The stock mount is hydraulic (oil filled). The Powerflex insert will prevent a lot of the movement. You'll see how flimsy the stock mount is and how much stress the center bolt has to endure when you remove it from the car to install the insert.

If you want to do it right, no. If you want to do a hack job, good luck. In order to properly remove the center bolt, the entire mount should come off. Trying to re torque the center bolt with the mount on the car ain't gonna happen. You stand a chance of fatiguing that bolt and wrecking havoc to the internal bushing the bolt mount is embedded in without properly getting a hold of the internal mount the center bolt fastens to. To clarify to not confuse anyone, the center bolt doesn't need to come off for the Powerflex passenger side bushing insert as depicted below. I took it off to source a stronger bolt.

Thank you for the info. And your saying the center bolt does NOT need to come off correct? How do you get the bushing on without taking that center bolt off? I apologize if that seem like a dumb question I just am wondering.

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #38
Thank you for the info. And your saying the center bolt does NOT need to come off correct? How do you get the bushing on without taking that center bolt off? I apologize if that seem like a dumb question I just am wondering.
The bushing is split, even though it's hard to see that in the photos. That's what the black "rubber band" is for, to keep the insert bushing intact and on the mount once it's in place.

Powerflex provides detailed instructions on how to install. http://www.powerflex.co.uk/i/product_images/19-2025 FI.pdf

The bushing is split, even though it's hard to see that in the photos. That's what the black "rubber band" is for, to keep the insert bushing intact and on the mount once it's in place.

Powerflex provides detailed instructions on how to install. http://www.powerflex.co.uk/i/product_images/19-2025 FI.pdf
Unfortunately mine wasnt split [dictate] so i cutted it myself lol [grinking]

Ford Community Posts