Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stock Headunit - Sub and Speaker Upgrade Parts Review

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Okay, I THINK I have it all sorted out, maybe, I hope so - someone will probably correct me but that's what I'm posting for!

Using the stock head unit in my 2014 I want to upgrade the sub - I found this Pioneer sub with 600W max and 150W nominal and think it would go well in the car.

Coincidentally, I have a MTX Thunder 2002 2 channel amplifier in my garage with a blow sub attached to it - time to put it to use!

I want to build in the ability to upgrade my component speakers in the future and so the LC2i came in to play as it would give me two clean signals - one I will use now for my subwoofer amplifier and the second for when I decide to upgrade components speakers and insert a second amplifier. Correct? I haven't used one before but it seems that's how this works?? Perhaps it's like a amplifier where 2 channels are bridged for a subwoofer... in that case I would need the LC7i or even the PPI E7

For a wiring kit I found this guy on Amazon and think it's sized approriately - I doubt I'll ever upgrade the sub and the speakers I install will probably be in the 80W range and so tapping both amps into this main power wire shouldn't be a concern.

This whole DSP thing has me a bit confused though... I've got a 2014 so I don't have the ability to mess with it in Forscan so in order to have a clean signal produced by the headunit I need to incorporate something like the JL FiX-82? EDIT - maybe I do? I'm still investigating this.

Thanks for the input!