Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Turbo Back Exhaust to go for?

Bamboozel

Been looking at turbo back exhausts to get for my 2016 ford fiesta st and the one i've been looking at is the cobb one.
Just wondering what kind of reaction people have had with this exhaust and what other ones are out there that people have had a lot of success with?

AzNightmare

People have had success with all the exhausts out there. It's really just your preference on the sound you like.

Specifically, COBB is one of the quieter ones out there. It's pretty tame until you get into boost. It's good for being discreet when you want to be, and louder when you want it to be. Because of this, there's no drone and it pretty much doesn't get loud until after 3500+ rpm. But it also won't turn any heads if you're just cruising around in the city. Pros and cons, whatever your preference is.

Whichever exhaust you end up going with, I suggest you get the COBB hangers. The OEM ones are too soft and people have claimed aftermarket exhausts rattle because the OEM hangers don't hold the exhaust in place well enough.

The other thing to note is, 2.5" diameter vs 3" diameter. If you plan to go aftermarket turbo down the road, 3" diameter will be more beneficial. If you're sticking with the stock turbo, then 2.5" is sufficient.

If you're doing this thinking you'll get any real HP benefit, don't. That's been proven many times over. This is all about sound. If that's what you're after, go for it!