Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Short Throw Shifter

Looking to get a short throw for my fist but also want to lower the height of the shifter. Has anyone done this or know of a kit to get this done?

Thanks

OP
P
Thread Starter #3
Thanks ST Jake... I found that one and just not sure how I feel about the angle they create. It would appear that the only way to actually shorten the shifter height would be to cut and re thread. How do you think that would fair if I went with a short throw kit (something from mountune or similar) and physically cut down the gear shift to get it to a desired level?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
And the Boomba Racing kit with max reduction is actually quite nice. Not sure I would want the knob lower as I have a travel coffee mug that would be impacted by my hand. If you get a mustang knob since the reverse lock out is built in to the sphere it would lower the ball about 0.5" maybe more.

jeff

2000 Post Club
I have the Boomba kit (shifter and bushings and under hood piece) and mustang knob. It feels very good. I come from acuras and toyotas with super short shifters (short meaning both throw and tallness) to the fiesta but it's really fine. Keep in mind for every little bit you lower the knob you are shortening the lever and therefore increasing the effort needed to row through the gears.

The Boomba lever adds a nice angle. If you have long arms like me you might think about an armrest cover/pad because your elbow will hit the armrest and be uncomfortable. With the pad mine is perrrrrfecto.

I was skeptical of all these things before buying but I actually really like my setup now, don't know that shortening the height any more would actually be a good thing. And I'll add that doing shifter mods on our cars is very easy, much easier than in the Japanese cars I've done the same to.

i found the stock shifter to be too low. I opt to get a long shift knob so its easier to reach when im driving. maybe im tall for the car? im only 5'11"

i found the stock shifter to be too low. I opt to get a long shift knob so its easier to reach when im driving. maybe im tall for the car? im only 5'11"
Nice thing about the boomba shifter is it angles the knob an extra 15 degrees back. (30 degrees total) Love my full 40% reduction, and I am 6'! I used to have problems with the 5th gear placement, and missed shifts 5 -6.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk