Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2017 FiSt Coilovers

I'm going to be in the market for coilovers. I Plan on running 235/40R17's Falken Azenis RT615K+ on 52 Tarmacs. Planning on light road course action. I Was looking at BC Racing coilovers, but I wasn't sure if they haven't updated their website or if (for whatever reason) Ford changed the mounting design? I'm open for suggestions, thanks!

DO NOT GET KWs if you are going to autocross or track drive. I've been actually dealing with quite the fiasco today with them. My V3's rear passenger damper blew after 2,000 miles and about 10 minutes of autocross. Customer service stated that it was not covered under warranty because the V series are not made for track driving or autocross. Ill be darned if I'm spending $200 for a rebuild plus the car being down the rest of summer because I can't use a performance suspension for its intended purpose.

Look at MeisterR, either the zetaCRB+s or GT1. I actually got off the phone with Jerrick about 20 minutes ago asking about my options. Once I either sell my V3's or get my $1900 back through my local distributor ( who is pissed at KW also), I'll be looking at the GT1s so I can use them for their intended purposes.

Butterybunz

No way you are going to fit 235s for track use, even on stock suspension you'll rub. I have BCs on my 2017, no problems.

Edit: and why get such a heavy wheel if you want to road course?

OP
Spicy
Thread Starter #4
I was trying to avoid stretched tires 215/40 on a 17x8, dang. Eventually will end up doing DHMs turbo kit, so was trying to get as much tire as I could.

And I like the looks, no other wheel grabbed my attention, even if they are heavier. I won't be going balls to the wall on the track with it either. Just a little track day once or twice a year.

And good to know on the KWs, I'll keep that in mind. Though if the BCs will work I'll probably go with those.

I'm surprised KW said that. I've had nothing but positive experience with them and their products on previous cars.
I'm contemplating grabbing a set of the V3's and having them converted to the clubsports after a season or 2 for my car.

That said, for most people on here, the V3's are complete overkill on what your needs will be. The OTS BC, MeisterR, or similar will meet and exceed most of your expectations. My choice would be the KWv1's for the money, but most of the options around that $900-$1200 range should be more than adequate for you.

Re-read the description on their website, highlight anything that talks about racing and show that to them. Proper wordage of said product will definitely entail warranty regardless.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

The shop I purchased them from is top notch and are going to bat for me. They called the same day and were told the same thing about "public road use only". I dont believe they are going to be recommending KW anymore to clients. After puling it, the other rear damper it appears to be leaking around the rod seal. The owner believes neither top cap was not torque down as some threads are visible, but I cant find a damper picture without the bump stop cover. That would make sense as the oil came from through those cap threads. Regardless, KW still believes it was the autox.

Car will be down for the rest of the summer but not a big deal as hobbying time got squashed due to baby.