Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Accessport Valet mode. Can someone explain?

AzNightmare

Is this a map within the Cobb OTS tune where I have to switch to one of the slots?
Or do I just load in the file, Valet Mode v221.ptm file. ?

I'm going to take my car in for repairs and figured if this limits my car from boosting or limit speed, it would be worthwhile.

brbauer2

Is this a map within the Cobb OTS tune where I have to switch to one of the slots?
Or do I just load in the file, Valet Mode v221.ptm file. ?

I'm going to take my car in for repairs and figured if this limits my car from boosting or limit speed, it would be worthwhile.
From their release notes.

Also, plug your AP into the computer and let it update! Current version is v503!

https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wiki/display/PRS/FORD+ACCESSPORT+SUPPORT

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I would not do that. You may confuse the tech if they try to do something and teh system is not reacting as teh shop manual states. Either un marry or leave a base tune.

OP
AzNightmare

AzNightmare

Thread Starter #4
I would not do that. You may confuse the tech if they try to do something and teh system is not reacting as teh shop manual states. Either un marry or leave a base tune.
To clarify, I meant autobody shop cause I need my bumper repainted and windshield replaced, and I don't want some punk technician to go joy riding in my car. Normally I'll have my dashcam but I have to take it off since the windshield is being replaced.

brbauer2

To clarify, I meant autobody shop cause I need my bumper repainted and windshield replaced, and I don't want some punk technician to go joy riding in my car. Normally I'll have my dashcam but I have to take it off since the windshield is being replaced.
In that case I'd say it's A-OK to use valet mode.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
In that case I'd say it's A-OK to use valet mode.

You're talking about the MyKey feature correct?

double post, so here are my dogs for the dog tax

Somebody is holding a cookie for the camera shot. Lol. Yes meant the mykey thing. Up to you either work but my can can limit speed.

OP
AzNightmare

AzNightmare

Thread Starter #10
What's the Valet mode for? I've read about it, but all it does is lock the MFT. What is it protecting?? My audio settings?