Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Speedometer correction tune

I got a Livernois tune for my car last year and I love it. The power is great, but I recently encountered an issue with the tune after I swapped out my stock size tires for some 205/45/17 Continentals. I submitted a tune request and they sent me a tune that corrected the speedometer but created other issues. The tune had the engine revving up between shifts in lower gears for a second or two occasionally. I got a revision and it did the same thing. Any thoughts on what is going on with the tune?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Are you sure its the tune? If you revert back to the pre speedo fix tune does it continue to do it? To be honest 205/45/R17 there is not enough size change for the speedo to be affected. You get teh same amount of change from under/over inflated tyre or worn tyres. Thus is the pre speedo change tune works keep it.

Are you sure its the tune? If you revert back to the pre speedo fix tune does it continue to do it? To be honest 205/45/R17 there is not enough size change for the speedo to be affected. You get teh same amount of change from under/over inflated tyre or worn tyres. Thus is the pre speedo change tune works keep it.
I mean it's definitely enough to affect it. It's about 2 mph at 60 mph. Not sure I would bother getting it retuned for that, but it's not nothing.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I mean it's definitely enough to affect it. It's about 2 mph at 60 mph. Not sure I would bother getting it retuned for that, but it's not nothing.
Understood. Just saying to go back to your old map to prove it's a map thing and not a car thing. If it's a map thing they can figure it out.

On a side note when I check the true diameter of the stock bs the federal RS-r at 205/45R17 they were almost identical. Look at the mfg spec sheet of the tyre you may find the delta is less then you think. Or maybe more.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
The tune is sort of a preference thing. There is a difference felt in driving with the taller wheel so the tune could help there (if desired) but I agree with regards to the speedometer. I don't think it's worth it just for that reason.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk