Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Peropi Journal

OP
K
Thread Starter #22
Haven't posted for a bit, but I've been having some fun in the past month. Though - not quite Peropi related, but hopefully next year.

A couple weeks ago, drove with the wifey and kid to Atlanta (from Chicagoland) to visit some friends. Then, we went to the Smokey Mountains area along with my pal in his GTI (Mk7, stock).

You guessed it - drove the Tail of the Dragon! What an amazing experience!
We went on a Monday and the forecast called for rain, but we lucked out and it was pretty clear most of the day we were there. I think that certainly helped keep a lot of people away from the area, so we had an awesome time!

Even traded with my pal with his GTI for a couple runs, and while the GTI was nice, it was just nowhere near how capable and engaging as the STI was. My pal was super stoked about driving the STI over his own car as well.

On the way home, we drove through the Cherohala Skyway. Rain and fog made it pretty treacherous to drive, but at least the road was clear. It was already a bit tense driving through an unfamiliar curvy road, but when it did clear up for the last 3rd of it, it was also spectacular!

So I drove roughly 2000 miles in about 4 days - which was a bit of a daunting prospect with the STI, but honestly, we were actually all pretty comfortable. The only awful part was the drive home which was just super tiring since it was raining hard for the last 4-5 hours on our way up north. Just made the trip back really tense, especially at night in Indiana.

Aside from that though, the trip was fantastic and we are already making plans to go back again later next year. The wifey definitely wants to bring her FiST next year as well. She did drive mine for one run, but just wasn't comfortable with it not being her car and all.

Just a pic from the Tail -

OP
K
Thread Starter #23
Some Peropi news though..

Finally got the custom AnarcyMotive Shift knob. Atlas (collarless), 1.4lbs, white with red metallic clearcoat, and custom engraving. Wifey loves it!

Got some Husky mats and custom gel badges - they are pretty sweet!

Lastly - just on a whim - decided to dyno Peropi at a recent dyno day. Made 170whp and 232wtq on a Mustang dyno. Pretty spot on with the results we thought based on the Cobb OTS!

Also... we are having some talks for some 'big' changes to Peropi in the future... :p

OP
K
Thread Starter #24
So it's been awhile since the last update... but we have been very busy.

Let's start with some of the 'smaller' updates.

Back around Thanksgiving weekend, took advantage of several of the BF sales and came away with the following, and installed promptly for some 'Stage 3' goodness.

Whoosh Intercooler
MAP 304 Catted Downpipe
CP-E Intake

After installing those, just ran the Cobb OTS for about a week... lots of fun!

However, bigger things were on the horizon...
In early December, got this installed..

Hybrid Turbo! (similar to x37)

Unfortunately for us, the next few weeks were marred with issues with the tune (found out we were accidentally given a map based on the earlier FiST), and also the turbo blew.

:(

Finally, just last week, received the car back with an even more excellent upgrade! Another Hybrid turbo, but this time, an x47r!

It's been running excellent thus far after 4-5 revisions already! It's a total little rocket now!
In a few weeks, we will also have it remote tuned on the dyno so we can definitely compare runs from when it was on OTS stage 1. It's gonna be awesome!

[loveboost]

Lastly, got some more goodies during Christmas, but mostly not installed yet..

Focus SVT wheels powdercoated in Illusion Cherry (present for the wifey - had to get this done in secret)
NoPistons Pedal Spacer (can finally heel-toe now and it's fantastic!)
Morimoto LED fog lights (these are awesome!)
VelossaTech BigMouth Snorkel (looks great, but totally not needed in our single digit temps right now)
Kenwood Ksc-sw11 powered subwoofer (have the same in the STI, and it's a great little under-seat sub)
RokBlokz mudflaps (totally loved these on my previous FoST)

Fun times!

Hey there Jay!
I'm surprised I didn't see your build thread earlier. Love seeing the progress on the FiST from beginning to present.
And it's been a pleasure working on it.
-Pat :)

OP
K
Thread Starter #26
Just finished up the road e-tuning with JST and it is running amazing! While we still plan to dyno the car, I did want to share the vdyno JST sent us. It does probably read a little high, but the curve looks awesome!

OP
K
Thread Starter #27
Got around to installing the subwoofer, and it made a huge difference! Just the right amount of bass so that the stereo is no longer totally horrible.

Another success is getting the backup camera installed/working!

Huge thanks to [MENTION=6284]brbauer2[/MENTION] for his install thread (https://imgur.com/a/wZe8l), answering my questions, as well as lending me his ELM to flash with Forscan!
Thanks to all that contributed to this thread as well.
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/12839-FORScan-reverse-backup-camera-discussion-thread

OP
K
Thread Starter #32
Been a bit of time, but finally got some more fun stuff installed.

First, installed some fancy ST XTA Coilovers.

These go with the badass powdered wheels from earlier. Being that its finally (kinda) spring, it was time to finally put them on!
Finally also got around to installing the Morimoto LED fog housings, and the VelossaTech BigMouth Snorkel.

Note that I also installed Well Window Visors, and it now has 35% tint all around.

A few more goodies to be put on, but it's coming together oh so well!