Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Peropi Journal

Such a surprise this was, but here we go (again)..

I'm a former 2013 Focus ST owner, owned from late 2012 to late 2016. My wife liked that car a lot, and had an eye for the Fiesta ST ever since it came out. Timing wasn't right so we didn't get her one at the time, but now that I've moved on, she finally wanted to get her own fun small car. Looked at other options, but the Fiesta ST is really the only one she cared to have, so here we are.

Purchased 7/17/17, meet Peropi! 2017 Fiesta ST in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat with Recaros, Moonroof, and Nav.

Picking up from where I left off with my Focus ST (Koopism), I'll be modifying this car for her - though nothing crazy (yet). Exhaust and other goodies ordered the same night it was purchased...
Hoping to have even more fun with this car than the focus!

Performance -
x47R Hybrid Turbo
JSTuned
MBRP 304SS Catback Exhaust
MAP 304SS Catted Downpipe
Whoosh Intercooler
CP-E Intake
VelossaTech BigMouth Snorkel
GFB DV+
ST XTA Coilovers

Exterior -
European Fiesta Projector Headlights w/DRL
Ford OEM "Focus Rally" wheels (17x7) Powdercoated in Illusion Cherry with Yokohama S Drive tires (215/35/17)
Vanity plates
Stock wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ (205/40/17)
Morimoto XB LED Fog lights
RokBlokz mudflaps
35% Tint
Well Window Visors

Interior -
Anarchy Motive Custom Shift Knob
Gentex 453 Autodim Mirror w/Homelink
Viofo A119 Dashcam
Husky Weatherbeater Floor Liners (w/custom 'peropi' gel badges)
Red/white gel Ford badges
GarageLine Pedal Spacer
Kenwood KSC-SW11 Powered Subwoofer

Pics from the night Peropi was picked up -

Our little one ready to party-

My 2013 Focus ST prior to partout/trade-in-

Last edited:

brbauer2

If you need any help with the lights (or anything), I'm here to help...and in person!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

OP
K
Thread Starter #3
Exhaust (MBRP 304SS) came in yesterday, and installed it tonight just before the weekend. With only roughly 30 miles on the car, it was really nice not having to deal with any rusty bolts and whatnot.
Aside from doing a bit of jiggling to get the slip fit pipes to fit - it all came together very nicely! It sounds sooooo much better than the vacuum cleaner exhaust the car came with. Tips look fantastic and fill out the exhaust cutout very well.

As far as sound goes, didn't get to drive it much yet, but start up and revs very nicely with a gargle on decel. Very reminiscent of the MBRP exhaust I had on my Focus ST, but this seems louder, probably because this only has the one straight through muffler and no resonator (unlike the MBRP exhaust for the FoST). Sounds really good to me, if not a bit tame compared to my STI (which granted has muffler deletes, so its fairly obnoxious).

Old (well not really) stock exhaust... no wonder it sounded like nothing -

New and shiny MBRP -

Removed Fiesta badge, moved over the ST badge (vanity plate still incoming)-

Lights will be coming up next!

OP
K
Thread Starter #4
Welp, was hoping for the headlights to have come in, but they still haven't arrived, oh well.

A little update on the exhaust - it is pretty droney in-cabin on deceleration and climbing from 3-3500rpms. Nothing we can't live with so the exhaust will stay.
Does sound nice when getting on it - but haven't fully gone WOT since car is just at about 500 miles.

I did get the autodim mirror w/homelink (Gentex 453), so I went ahead and installed that. Not too bad of an install. Routed the wires to the passenger side fuse box, and works great!

OP
K
Thread Starter #5
After 2 weeks, I finally tracked down the lights I had ordered. Seems they were with our local USPS since 7/25, but they had just somehow lost track of it.. Grrr..
Oh well, at least they weren't damaged.

These look so much better than the crummy halogen US ones.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I'm kinda amazed you went with lights before the AP based on the looks of your Focus ST - look(ed) mean!

The lights are amazing, I should probably just bite the bullet and order some - I'm all about function and those do have a reasonable projector in them (which can probably be upgraded to an HID set up).

How do you like the FiST compared to your FoST? Still need some more seat time for a proper evaluation? Do you have a link to your FoST build? I wouldn't mind seeing what went in to it.

OP
K
Thread Starter #8
I'm kinda amazed you went with lights before the AP based on the looks of your Focus ST - look(ed) mean!

The lights are amazing, I should probably just bite the bullet and order some - I'm all about function and those do have a reasonable projector in them (which can probably be upgraded to an HID set up).

How do you like the FiST compared to your FoST? Still need some more seat time for a proper evaluation? Do you have a link to your FoST build? I wouldn't mind seeing what went in to it.
Thanks for the compliments!

As for the lights before the AP... the FiST is primarily my wife's car, and this is her first manual car, so she's still learning to get used to driving it. I'm actually pretty proud of her as she is now daily driving it after just a weekend of tutelage from me.
I wanted her to get comfortable driving the car before adding more power, and the lights were already a planned purchase even before getting the car. I had spent a lot of time retrofitting my FoST and we both knew that the FiST lights one of the first things we wanted to upgrade.

As for stage 1, we both agree that it is even more fun now than it was stock. Just that bit of added torque at low rpms was really essential to make it that much more fun. I am letting her know to downshift above 3k rpms to prevent LSPI though.

Comparing the FiST to the FoST, I can definitely say that the FiST has an even more playful attitude than the FoST. Very easy to toss around, and always just feels like it wants you to 'play.' FoST felt more grounded, and felt more composed for long distance cruising. Didn't feel nearly as tossable, but also felt more powerful. Both are awesome cars for sure.

Regarding my FoST, you can see my modifications thread on the link below. As said, I spent a lot of time on the lighting.
http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-builds/14779-koopism-modifications.html

Thanks again!

Last edited:
OP
K
Thread Starter #9
Installed/hardwired dashcam. Viofo A119. Always a good idea to have, just lots of crazy things out on the road these days.

OP
K
Thread Starter #10
Picked up some new (to me) wheels. Ford OEM "Focus Rally" wheels (17x7) wrapped in Yokohama S Drive (215/35/17) tires.
Wheels looks great! The tires came with the wheels, so I'm using it for now as they only had like 2500 miles on them. A bit grippier than the stock Bridgestones, likely due to the increased width.
I thought the slimmer profile tires would create more wheel gap, but it's not so bad after they settled. Will likely address that gap down the line.

Just a nice shot of the DRL/parking lights-

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Once those Yoks wear out, a 215/40 will not be quite so 'rubber band-like' on the side walls (and therefore also less wheel well/fender gap), although less than optimal for handling/turn-in purposes due to lack of ANY 'stretch' at all on those 7" wide wheels.

Last edited:
OP
K
Thread Starter #13
Once those Yoks wear out, a 215/40 will not be quite so 'rubber band-like' on the side walls (and therefore also less wheel well/fender gap), although less than optimal for handling/turn-in purposes due to lack of ANY 'stretch' at all.
Yea, I wasn't planning on buying tires. We were already looking at these wheels, but a great local deal came about with these tires and TPMS already installed so I just jumped on it - 450 for the whole set. Not really sure what I'm going to do about the tires quite yet, but the original plan was to paint these wheels a dark red. I just mounted them and went for a little canyon cruise yesterday and they were great! I do like the additional grip, so will be figuring out the next move.

Thanks!

Do the Euro Projectors blind other drivers? I want them, but being its for RHD cars the beam output is opposite LHD cars so I feel like it will blind other drivers.

OP
K
Thread Starter #15
OP
K
Thread Starter #17
Super stoked to have the wifey drive her FiST with me (in my STI) to her first track day! It'll be my second one.

Got her a helmet to match mine. HJC AR-10-III