Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Misfiring after cam shaft installation - suggestions?

Did cam install last night and car has been running rough if at all. It starts up ok, but a little gas and it dies. It feels good if I hold the rpm at above 1500 but once i let go it drops and dies.

Now I am getting a misfire code for cylinder three. P0303 and P0316 misfire on startup first 1000 revolutions. I did new plugs with the cams, NGK iridium from tune+.

Any suggestions? We pulled the plug and it looks ok.

Can't say I know a lot about cams, but do you need to have someone tune you properly for them? Maybe email Stratified or TUNE+

DvC

dude get them working. i have been eyeing them but i have heard other stories like this as well.

OP
mercdank
Thread Starter #5
Got the misfire issue to go away. Now the car won't turn over. Gonna charge up the battery and maybe swap the plugs for brand new ones. If that doesn't work I think my hpfp took a shit on me. Anyone know the part number for the hpfp?

OP
mercdank
Thread Starter #6
Looks like the hpfp took a dump. Not holding any pressure and we've cranked or a long time so it's not air in the system. When we inspected the pump we could tell that there was gas getting by the seal into the oil areas where the spring is. New part should be here on Monday so we'll see what happens. We checked everything else with the IDS software and the timing is correct and there are no sensor faults.

OP
mercdank
Thread Starter #8
Cams are the V3 from Mountune (Piper BP300)

Interested in dynos and impressions. Shitty to hear about the hpfp.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

OP
mercdank
Thread Starter #11
Ok so turns out the hpfp wasn't building pressure because the exhaust cam wasn't spinning. Inlet cam spins, phasers spin, cam doesn't..... FML
here's a video https://youtu.be/WtffBqmyqUc

Brura22

Last time I had an exhaust cam not spinning it's because it was snapped in half [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

koozy

3000 Post Club
check the exhaust camshaft sprocket bolt if it's loose, cam should spin with the gear not freely independent of the cam like that. my guess is some bent valves.

Yea likely bent a valve. Going to disassemble everything this week when I get the time. I want to get ARP head studs now that the head has to come off, but DHM was the only place I knew of that sold them.

I found these, same thing? http://www.speedperf6rmanc3.com/products/speed-perf6rmanc3-8740-ford-fiesta-head-studs.html

^ This. If DHM was getting them from ARP they exist in the ARP catalogue. DHM didn't have exclusive rights to this stuff, you just have to find the part number. Same as their high compression pistions. IIRC they said Weisco was making them for them. I highly doubt that was on an excuslive contract either.

That said, any place that carries ARP hardware will be able to order them in for you, once you have the number.

http://arp-bolts.com/kits/Make.php?_Make=402&_EngModelID=*

The 2.3, 2.7 and 3.5 are listed. I'm sure the 1.6 just hasn't made it onto their website yet.

Ford Community Posts