Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Finally got my Corbeau seats installed

codestp202

Pics!! and Info on your airbag lights, what Ohm resistors did you wire in?

OP
antarctica24

antarctica24

Thread Starter #4
IMG_0056.JPG
IMG_0058.JPG

The sliders came from Corbeau and the brackets were from Planted. Perfect fit. The Planted brackets have a mount for the factory seat belt connector.

Seats were $499.00 each from Summit Racing.
Brackets were 140 each from Planted, and sliders were like 80 each from Corbeau.

codestp202

Ok, I am not sure about this question, I did not put anything in line and I have no air bag light. Are others having issues with the airbag lights?
Yes, I'm very surprised you have no airbag lights. You unplugged the connections from both seats correct? The car should be displaying an airbag warning light. Typically on any new car with airbags in the seats, the users have to wire in a resistor to trick the car into thinking the connections are plugged in. On our Fiestas, I have only found one documented person wiring in a 2.2 ohm resistor to trick the car, so we have been looking for more documented proof on what ohm resistor the car needs.

Those look awesome. I'm also wondering if you went from base seats to these? I'm guessing the install was straight forward with the Planted brackets and Corbeau sliders?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
yes, i'm very surprised you have no airbag lights. You unplugged the connections from both seats correct? The car should be displaying an airbag warning light. Typically on any new car with airbags in the seats, the users have to wire in a resistor to trick the car into thinking the connections are plugged in. On our fiestas, i have only found one documented person wiring in a 2.2 ohm resistor to trick the car, so we have been looking for more documented proof on what ohm resistor the car needs.
^^^this!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Those look awesome. I'm also wondering if you went from base seats to these? I'm guessing the install was straight forward with the Planted brackets and Corbeau sliders?
Personally, I like the aesthetics, and probably the fit/comfort of these much more than even the 'sacred' (on here) factory optional Recaros.

I plan to replace my base seats, ordered that way ON PURPOSE since I knew I would eventually change them out for AFTERMARKET seating for about the same co$t as the Recaro factory option, with one of the premium recliner type racing shell shaped/highly bolstered seats, (i.e.; Cobra Daytona, Sparco R600, or Status Spa) in all alcantara covers.

Last edited:
OP
antarctica24

antarctica24

Thread Starter #14
Yes, I'm very surprised you have no airbag lights. You unplugged the connections from both seats correct? The car should be displaying an airbag warning light. Typically on any new car with airbags in the seats, the users have to wire in a resistor to trick the car into thinking the connections are plugged in. On our Fiestas, I have only found one documented person wiring in a 2.2 ohm resistor to trick the car, so we have been looking for more documented proof on what ohm resistor the car needs.
This is so not my area of expertise. I definitely do not have any airbag lights. I would be skeptical about wiring a resistor inline with the airbag sensor all of these sensors are tied together. I would not want to set one off somewhere else in the car.

codestp202

This is so not my area of expertise. I definitely do not have any airbag lights. I would be skeptical about wiring a resistor inline with the airbag sensor all of these sensors are tied together. I would not want to set one off somewhere else in the car.
Well, that is pretty badass news that it's not throwing a light. Myself and M-sport are definitely happy :)
The resistor thing is massively used among every brand I've ever known.
What year is your car?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Truthfully, it is just the pain of having to see yet another light on the cluster constantly lit that would be any concern/bother (I did not install TPMS sensors in my Pro Race 1.2 summer wheels), since, even in draconian inspection states, like mine with a privatized annual inspection system where they LOOK for every little thing to try and nickle and dime rip you off when you are FORCED TO bring it to a shop for the inspection, do not fail you for a NON emissions/engine related dash light (unless it's for brakes, I would guess). ;)

But, If one does not even light up, ALL THE BETTER!!! [:)] [like]

codestp202

^^^Truthfully, it is just the pain of having to see yet another light on the cluster constantly lit that would be any concern/bother (I did not install TPMS sensors in my Pro Race 1.2 summer wheels), since, even in draconian inspection states, like mine with a privatized annual inspection system where they LOOK for every little thing to try and nickle and dime rip you off when you are FORCED TO bring it to a shop for the inspection, do not fail you for a NON emissions/engine related dash light (unless it's for brakes, I would guess). ;)

But, If one does not even light up, ALL THE BETTER!!! [:)] [like]
Question, if the light is "on" does it deactivate the other airbags?

I'm about to put up with the tpms BS here tomorrow when I get my track tires installed on my second set of wheels

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Question, if the light is "on" does it deactivate the other airbags?
IF I had to guess, I would say yes, since you have broken the circuit with the disconnected connector, unless you install the correct ohm value resistor, which should also turn off the light.

It will not matter for me, since I plan on eventually replacing the steering wheel as well, with a non airbag, racing wheel (Sparco Mod 383 alcantara), so the front exploding pillows will be de-activated as well (with their resultant cluster lights of course [mad], or maybe not? [dunno]).

How do you find these feel with a helmet? The recaro's push my head forward alot when racing