Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone ordered Whoosh IC? Final cost/duties..

Just wondering if anyone ordered a Whoosh IC to a Canadian address and what the final landed cost was.

He was gonna charge me $120 to ship it to Calgary, that plus duties wasn't worth it!
Depo has the same stuff and he charged me much less for shipping

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Just wondering if anyone ordered a Whoosh IC to a Canadian address and what the final landed cost was.
I am now able to ship my IC for the international price quoted on my site of $35 which is very Fair
skidro87 was quoted using USPS Priority Mail international which is expensive, was NOT + duties as if was being shipped as a "gift"

Either way, you have much more affordable options now and I do apologize they weren't available when you were in the market for your intercooler skidro87
[thumb]
-Ron

OP
D
Thread Starter #4
Is this through UPS or FEDEX as I refuse to use any of those for their ripoff $40 handling charges on $40 items.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Is this through UPS or FEDEX as I refuse to use any of those for their ripoff $40 handling charges on $40 items.
FedEx - I can offer $30 shipping to help offset your fees
I'll send you a custom cart/invoice for the IC if interested

OP
D
Thread Starter #6
FedEx - I can offer $30 shipping to help offset your fees
I'll send you a custom cart/invoice for the IC if interested
I might wait till I have someone to jump the border for me and pick it up in Point Roberts or Sumas.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I might wait till I have someone to jump the border for me and pick it up in Point Roberts or Sumas.
even better!

let me know
I'll work with you on the shipping either way. I've got some great rates now....

OP
D
Thread Starter #8
even better!

let me know
I'll work with you on the shipping either way. I've got some great rates now....
I'm just trying to avoid supporting rip off shipping companies that charge insane "brokerage fees" I wasn't kidding when I paid almost $40 to UPS for a pair of pants that cost me $40. I have someone who can pick it up just need to co-ordinate the dates.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
To be honest, I haven't had much luck with vendors on this website. So far I've had better luck with random members selling their own used hardware to me. Allow me to explain; the only vendor I've had answer all of my questions was, Hijinx. I almost ordered from him, and thank God I didn't, because I probably wouldn't even have got the product(s) that were to be ordered.

I sent Ron from Whoosh a PM that was never replied to (don't worry Ron--I have had the same experience with other vendors on this site). However, Ron caught wind of this in a thread, and apologized, and offered to make it up to me.

I've asked Depo questions... aaaaand... radio silence. This goes to ALL vendors: if you're going to use this forum to sell your stuff, it would be nice to sometimes respond to people that are asking about the stuff you sell.

Now here Ron is busting his a$$ to help himself, and the customers. I like what I see; it makes me want to buy his intercooler now.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
If you have an urgent or unanswered question, pick up the phone. Ron answers it. Not everyone can sit in forums all day waiting for a ping.

OP
D
Thread Starter #11
Just ordered the Whoosh one and convinced wife to give pickup across the border one more time. She had a nasty Canadian border guard experience coming back last time I ordered some parts for my Bronco.

Last edited:
OP
D
Thread Starter #12
Its at the shipping depot but can't pick it up for a week :( On my CC bill it showed as around $450 CDN and will see if have to pay pst/gst/duties at the border.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Its at the shipping depot but can't pick it up for a week :( On my CC bill it showed as around $450 CDN and will see if have to pay pst/gst/duties at the border.
thank you for going with whoosh !!!!!

I appreciate it!
[cheers]

OP
D
Thread Starter #14
Still haven't had time to get it picked up, hopefully this Fri so I can install it following warranty fixes at the dealer.