Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dealer denied warranty work

R.S. Lyle

*UPDATE* Dealer denied warranty work

I took my 15 Fiesta St into my local dealership to have 4 things looked at under warranty. First was the infamous axle seals leaking- Denied because there wasn't enough seepage. If I didn't keep my car clean then it would have been on my RMM.
Second is my coolant level has gone under the low level for the 4th time this year.- Denied They did a pressure test and it came back perfect. Where is my coolant going?
Third, where the driver side door latch connects to the body the body itself pops in and out. This caused the grommet and a clip where the wiring goes into the door to break. -Denied because I have aftermarket speakers....
Lastly is both the weather stripping on the roof are coming up. -Accepted

Should I just get my car back or make a fuss? I had to wait over 30 days for an appointment because of the seals and for a loner.

*UPDATE- Today I came in and spoke with the service manager directly. He claims Ford has an acceptable amount of coolant loss per miles. Also every turbo car they service has to has the coolant topped off. The door latch popping and flexing is normal and nothing could be done. They need to see a actual drip from the axle seals to warranty those as well. I got the number for Ford CRC and told them everything. They put me on hold and called them. after awhile she came back on and stated that there is nothing they could do for me because this is all Ford's guidelines.

I'm at a loss for words. Ford has completely gave us the middle finger.

Last edited:

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Your coolant levels could be diminishing from localized overheating. I'd be on that dealer's case about it.