Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

RS-4's or RE71R's

MPA

re; The RS-RRs, I definitely would've given them a try seeing how happy I am with the plain RS-Rs, but they weren't available in 205/45/16s. I've been running the RS-Rs in 205/45/16 on my DD and love them. At a little more than 15k on this set, they're just above the wear bars. I have another set going on next week.

I'd considered getting RE-71s, but they were $360 more ($710 shipped via Tire Rack vs $350 shipped for the RS-Rs). I was going to actually swap to the Indy 500s, but Tire Rack had them backordered 30-60 days, and my car needs to be inspected before then.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'd considered getting RE-71s, but they were $360 more ($710 shipped via Tire Rack vs $350 shipped for the RS-Rs).
^^^Precisely why I went with the RS-RRs in 215/40-17 over the same size Star Specs, even though I gave up 0.3" worth of tread width, and that more square shoulder profile.
I figured they were BOTH going to wear out 'right quick' on the street, so why spend twice as much on them? (Since I will not steadily open track on them and have to worry about them getting "greasier" with much heat in them, than the Dunlops after many laps.)

I am just curious though IF the Star Specs 'sing' as loudly as the RS-RRs do at highway speeds. [dunno]

Zissou

If its about saving money, Federal RS-RR's should be considerably cheaper, and unless you're a really really good driver, should give you the same level of grip.
What if I'm a really really bad driver?

Word to the Costco members; they carry RE-71's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G
Thread Starter #27
Tyres are on ... First Auto-Cross tomorrow ... first impressions from driving on the street are that the car turns much sharper.

OP
G
Thread Starter #31
Here I run in E class against Fiat Abarths and VW GTI's .. The GTI's cannot have 200 treadwear tyres.

I was quick enough that I would have been 3rd in the next class up "D"

I'd considered getting RE-71s, but they were $360 more ($710 shipped via Tire Rack vs $350 shipped for the RS-Rs). I was going to actually swap to the Indy 500s, but Tire Rack had them backordered 30-60 days, and my car needs to be inspected before then.
They have a $70 rebate right now... Probably at least cancels out shipping? [dunno]

OP
G
Thread Starter #37
No rebate here in Canada :(

And with the exchange rate I purchased them here with free shipping

I know this may not be super helpful but I've run NT05's and liked them, ran RT615K's and LOVED them. Held up to the power of my Speed3 better than the nittos.

OP
G
Thread Starter #40
well the 71R's have done the trick. Three 1st in class in a row and one more event next weekend. Going for the fourpeat