Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sync 2 would not call 911 via voice command

The other day I was on the highway and watched a pickup truck swerving and then it eventually slammed into a Jersey barrier in the middle then kept driving like the driver was tired or messed up.

Tried to use voice command to call 911 as I did not want to look away from the road to look at my phone, especially given the unpredictable situation with lots of other cars on the road. Sync would not call 911 or emergency services. I tried 3 times and worded it differently each time, I ended up just dialing it myself. This was pretty frustrating for me, especially considering the possibility of the situation being more dangerous than it was.

I checked for updates when I first got the car in February and it was up to date then. Has anyone else experienced this?

OP
The_Ryan
Thread Starter #6
I think it's a feature block of the phone. When connected does the sync state 911 assist in the capabilities ?
I tried to find a list of capabilities with the phone in Sync but couldn't see. Where would I find this info?

911 assist calls 911 automatically if you have a phone connected when the car detects a crash, it has nothing to do with being able to call 911.

Here's the info on it from Ford Owner.
This is what I thought. I double checked anyways and I do have 911 assist on.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I tried to find a list of capabilities with the phone in Sync but couldn't see. Where would I find this info?
It ins the setting section where you try to manual connect. Alternatively your phone should state what features are one when bluetooth is connected. via the bluetooth connection settings of the connected device.