Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pro Alloy Race Intercooler/Crash Bar

Has anybody had a look at this yet? It was recently posted on the PumaSpeed website. It's pretty pricey, and shipping to the states would probably be a hard pill to swallow, but do you think it would even fit our USDM models? I wonder if the bolt pattern for the crashbar is the same. I'm tempted to pull the trigger since the DHM cooler fell through but would hate to receive such an expensive item that wouldn't fit. Thoughts?

Here's a couple photos, and a link to the product directly on the Pro Alloy website:
http://www.proalloy.co.uk/cgi-bin/sitewise.pl?act=det&pt=52_62_128_1341&p=2688&id=proalloy
alloydisassembled.jpg proalloy.jpg

Pro Alloy themselves has it listed for £1049.00 before shipping/VAT, and PumaSpeed has it for USD $1218.99 before VAT/shipping.

Brura22

Crashbar? You mean snap your neck bar... Who needs safety anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be wrong, but from pictures the USDM crash bar appears to be welded onto the chassis legs, were as the Euro spec crash bar is bolted on. Technically this is track and off road use only, as it doesnt meet regulations due the crash bar being altered and not tested in the event of an accident.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I would assume the crash bar fits. On most cars I've worked on, the crash bar bolts onto the frame rails. So, I highly doubt the European cars have any drastic changes to the chassis that would move the crash bar mounting points. But I'm just guessing here...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OP
AZST
Thread Starter #6
[MENTION=4388]Brura22[/MENTION] The question wasn't about safety. Obviously the bar is going to be weaker than OEM, hence the name "competition package". It even says this on their website. I'd imagine that anyone who would potentially buy this to begin with is alright with that.
[MENTION=1675]Kidders[/MENTION] Ours, fortunately, is also able to be bolted and unbolted! I wonder if anyone has a picture of the disassembled front beam for both US and EU models so we could see a comparison to be sure.

OP
AZST
Thread Starter #7
[MENTION=4388]Brura22[/MENTION] The question wasn't about safety. Obviously the bar is going to be weaker than OEM, hence the name "competition package". It even says this on their website. I'd imagine that anyone who would potentially buy this to begin with is alright with that.
[MENTION=1675]Kidders[/MENTION] Ours, fortunately, is also able to be bolted and unbolted! I wonder if anyone has a picture of the disassembled front beam for both US and EU models so we could see a comparison to be sure.

Brura22

Lmao I was just joking around. I drive a 300 whp bagged Fiesta, clearly idgaf about safety[emoji23]

OP
AZST
Thread Starter #9
Lmao I was just joking around. I drive a 300 whp bagged Fiesta, clearly idgaf about safety[emoji23]

At 300whp what IC are you using? Is it efficient at those levels? Do you think a core this size would be overkill for, say, 350?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Even if the bolt pattern were different, the 'leg' flanges could be chamfer drilled (to stave off stress risers, hopefully) to fit our USDM pattern.

The bigger concerns would be whether or not our USDM front cover fits properly over this whole deal, and how is our already marginal cooling system (even with aftermarket radiators fitted) going to keep up with being TOTALLY, 110% blocked by the IC core, despite it being tube and fin, with better 'flow through'.

Remember, there are A LOT of areas of this land where it gets substantially hotter than all of Britain, and most of Europe. ;)

koozy

3000 Post Club
anyone considering this for a USDM FiST should really have a fabricator available if things don't fit right, so adjustments can be made.

A couple of things to note and consider.

-Tube/Fin core.
-Air bag sensor mounting locations?
-Center support mounting for radiator cowl?

Brura22

At 300whp what IC are you using? Is it efficient at those levels? Do you think a core this size would be overkill for, say, 350?
I use the Mishimoto J line. Works like a charm

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
anyone considering this for a USDM FiST should really have a fabricator available if things don't fit right, so adjustments can be made.

A couple of things to note and consider.

-Air bag sensor mounting locations?
-Center support mounting for radiator cowl?
Yeah, I forgot to mention those. [headslap]